Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

premade or build open comp

Bjay

Ive been competing limited for a while now and im about to try something diff..OPEN comp..in minor so delima is should i custom build for my own spec or buy premade like "steelmaster"? Whats the cost diff between the two? Wheres a good place to build..

Ty BE..

HAPPY THNX GIVIN EVERYONE

As a Trubor owner, I'd buy either a Trubor or Grandmaster in 9mm. Shoot minor if you want, but when you get tired of Open you can resell it. If you custom build an Open gun for minor, then you have TOO much expense for less resale value. I do agree that the Steelmaster is sexier than the Trubor.

I've run a Tru-Bor for a while, basically problem free.

I'd go with a TB for the first gun and then when you're up to spped with open then make a decision on a custom build.

Average guy has to get real good (master) to out shoot a TB then I still wonder?!?!? JMO

I think? I read, recently, right here at BE, that Max runs

a TruBor comp??? Not positive (I am a Super Senior),

so don't spread the rumor unless it checks out. :ph34r:

Max used to run a Bedell comp with the last port removed. He's now running Bedell's new design comp.

I'm confused, you don't think you're skilled enough for Open so you're planning to build a custom gun which will handicap you when shooting Open?

Are you intimidated loading major ammo?

This sport is about you and your enjoyment, not about how others judge your performance or worthiness :)