Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jessej..sees target ? more like two targets, or four Alpha ! :D:lol::D

You are right gin is British and was added to tonic water, invented in the days of the Raj to prevent malaria with the quinnine additive, but in reality a dark beer called 'Bitter' is the tipple of choice nowadays !

Still a G&T on a hot day does hit the spot ! B)

Puchine - Irish

Anyone ever hear of this? I had it at a Mexican restaurant a couple of days ago. It's name means "Water of the gods". I want to say it was called aguade....(something I can't remember).

It is an anise flavored liquor (it's like a mix of Sambuca and Ouzo.) It was really good and want to get some for personal consumption.

Thanks

Ray

Sixgun, Literal translation is Agua de Dios. But have never heard of it. Tecate, Dos XXs (Pronounced Dos Eques) and Tequilla ( pronounced to kill ya :D:D ). but that's their export stuff.

FINALLY! Someone started a thread that I know a lot about.

Rum & tonic during the warm months. (Sailing season)

Scotch for the rest of the year.

Those are general guidelines for an average day. All guidelines are only a starting point. Aside from the fru fru drinks, I havn't met a glass of booze that I havn't liked.

CHEERS!

I want to say it was called aguade....(something I can't remember).

It is an anise flavored liquor (it's like a mix of Sambuca and Ouzo.) It was really good and want to get some for personal consumption.

Ray,

I guess you're talking about "Aguardiente".

It's a liquor distilled from Aloe Maqui.

It tastes like anis, but stronger, and its alcoholic content should be around 60° (alcohol volume)

You could try here or here.

Travis, glad to see you still remember something you learned here in Italy... ;)

Pisco = Peru

It is a brandy but it tastes more like a tequila. The main mode of consumption for this liquor seems to be as a Pisco Sour which involves egg whites and lime. My wife brought a bottle back from Peru but we haven't tried the egg whites just yet! :wacko:

-ld

In NO particular order:

Domestic Light Beer

Corona

Kalik ( Bahamian beer)

Rum Cream (Jamaican)

Dirty Banana ( Frozen drink served at Hedonism II in Jamaica )

Vodka Tonic

Good Single Malt Whiskey's

Pain-in-the-Ass ( Frozen drink served in the Florida Keys, it is a Pina Coloda/RumRunner swirl)

Tha Tha That's all for now folks!!!!

Tequila = Mexico

hahaha I cant believe I forgot that one. Apparently if you drink too much of it like I did that night you forget what u've been drinking. Patron or Chinaco reposado goes down too easy. It's my good buddys' birthday tonight so I might buy him a bottle of Jagermeister. That's more mild, definitely an aquired taste. First shot of it I almost spit it out, by the 3rd or 4th it started tasting pretty good.

Moonshine = Dixie

I remember when I was in highschool and over this Russian girls house in the basement. I asked her if she had anything to drink. She said just my dads home made vodka in various flavors too. Me being a dumbass said sure I'll drink it. Man was I puking my guts out. It musta been about 80% 'cause one swig got tears out of my eyes :wacko: