Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What parts do you guys would like to see on Open, Limited, Stock 2, St

Yagi

I am fortunate enough to be squadded with Henning.

He asked me what parts do we need for our Tanfoglio's....

I relayed the typical item i know people are looking such as magwells, grips, .......

What else?

Hammer? Interuptor? Trigger ???

Threaded barrel / comp system would be awesome. 9/38. Even a .355 short chamber. 170mm base pads / extensions for large frame.

oooh I like that idea. drop in barrel/comp for limiteds and/or gold customs. replace the V8 or V12 with a more traditional comp and maybe just a V4 (4 port holes, 2 on each side to line up with the factory coffin cuts).

I have sent Henning this topic link so he can read it... I'm sure he would chime in when time comes. He was pretty excited when talking about new parts for Tanfo.... He showed me some new extended mag basepad for open/ limited... i stressed the interruptor and a new hammer system...i believe he is currently or about to do grips...

:)

Threaded barrel / comp system would be awesome. 9/38. Even a .355 short chamber. 170mm base pads / extensions for large frame.

oooh I like that idea. drop in barrel/comp for limiteds and/or gold customs. replace the V8 or V12 with a more traditional comp and maybe just a V4 (4 port holes, 2 on each side to line up with the factory coffin cuts).

Another +1 for this idea.

I never really got why Tanfoglio was so committed to the v8/v12 barrel format on their open guns. An offering with a well thought out traditional cone comp design (or two) where the user can decide if they want barrel holes or not would be welcomed.

Also, the idea of offering barrels is a great one and long overdue. Maybe work with a company like Briley and get some 6" .355 short chambered barrels. Henning could ream/cut to length/thread to spec upon the customer's request at purchase, or the customer could ream/cut/thread the barrel. Hopefully at a cost that is more in line with reality vs what EAA is offering.

Edited by Bamboo

Another +1 for this idea.

I never really got why Tanfoglio was so committed to the v8/v12 barrel format on their open guns. An offering with a well thought out traditional cone comp design (or two) where the user can decide if they want barrel holes or not would be welcomed.

Also, the idea of offering barrels is a great one and long overdue. Maybe work with a company like Briley and get some 6" .355 short chambered barrels. Henning could ream/cut to length/thread to spec upon the customer's request at purchase, or the customer could ream/cut/thread the barrel. Hopefully at a cost that is more in line with reality vs what EAA is offering.

I didn't realize we were talking custom comps here!?! Now you're speaking my language!

I've talked to a handful of smiths about a drop in barrel comp setup for the Limited, heard lots of excitement, but never had anything pan out.

Henning, if you're listening I'm in :)

I 3rd interrupter. The CZ one is too hard to drill to make work. One one that I actually got to work make a world of a difference. We really need one of these for our guns.

Don't drill it - use one of those diamond coated dremel tips...ate through mine like butter. Think I got ten of the bits at Harbor Freight for $5 or something ridiculous.

Still don't like having half-assed stuff that I did in my garage in my guns, though, which is why I'd like some real components to come out.

Edited by cpa5oh

The grips that are thinner than the stock wood grips but thicker than the EG grips would be awesome, especially if they were aluminum grips.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some different barrel/comp options for the Tanfo open guns.

Heck I would love it if someone offered Limiteds (and perhaps Gold Teams if they need it) already tweaked and tuned for those of us that just want to shoot and not work on our stuff outside of normal cleaning/maintance

Especially if it was a package deal that included some mags