Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Corvette Comp Computer Simulation

Meat Target

I know everyone is probably tired of seeing posts on compensator lately, but I finally got around to putting together the data on the CFD simulation of the Nordic Corvette comp I did awhile ago.

The video is kind of boring compared to the ones with multiple chambers.

Here is how it stacks up with the other simulation that I have posted previously.

Compair3x_redux.jpg

Compair3y_redux.jpg

Not much on recoil reduction but because of its three top ports and high pressure chamber it generates a lot of down force.

From shooting it my personal opinion is that it has too much down force and makes the barrel jump down.

I tried to come up with a better way to display the information on the characteristics of how each of the different comps perform. Here is a graph of the combination of forces 200usec after the bullet has left the barrel. At 200usec the bullet has exited the comp and the gas flows have stabilized.

Compairgraph.jpg

This is basically a vector plot of the forces generated by the compensators showing the direction and magnitude of the force that will be applied to the end of the barrel. Another bit of information you can get from this graph is the longer the line the more "efficient" the comp is in using the available gas energy.

Edited by Meat Target

Hmm, you'll have to enlighten me as to what the obvious reasons are. If it's offending a particular forum contributor/muzzle brake designer, I'd like to think that any engineering type of guy would be open to seeing an honest analysis of a product, for better or worse. Although I could see any designer stepping in and stating that such an analysis doesn't necessarily equate to a whole lot in the real world and could vary greatly depending on the bio mechanics of the person using it.