Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What bullet for 9mm 1911

mach1soldier

I'm looking for a good bullet idea for a finicky feeding 1911. It seems to feed round nose profile bullets pretty well. It hates flat nose 147 Precision deltas.Every other shot jammed or had issues.

So does anyone have any experience with:

xtreme 165 or 147 grain round nose

Zero 147 FMJ round nose

Precision delta 146 FMJ round nose?

Hoping to find something that loads and feeds well. 1911 has a ramped barrel.

My main concern is whether the xtremes being soft will end up having feeding issues as well.

I ditched 147 grain FP's for 135 gr RN from Ibeji Heads. I also experimented on 125 gr RN and they ran pretty well on my Spartan 9. I went for the heavier bullet for ease in knocking down steel with less powder.

I use the IbejiHead 125 gr round nose. I load to an oal of 1.135". Originally was at 1.15, but had occasional FTF. With 3.6 gr titegroup, I'm averaging 1035 fps, for a pf of 129. They are extremely accurate, and there is minimal recoil.

Fan of the 147 Zero FMJ. Easy to make this bullet shoot well, and good to support the home team.

What OAL were you running with the Bayou 147's? 1.13 works in everything I have tried it in.

Also had great results with the X-treme 147 HPCB.

I have had great luck with the Precision delta 147 round nose bullets. They can be seated out a little longer then Zero 147s as the bearing surface on the PDs in further back towards the base of the bullet then it is with the Zero's They both shoot well. OAL can make a difference as can magazines in a 9mm 1911, they can be finicky. If the bullets are nose diving into the magazine try loading them as long as possible and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...