Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited equipment rules

I have personally vowed to NOT ever be involved with the Heavy discussions again but damn people that division is all but

dead! Make it one division!

308 rifle 20 rounds. (I don't want scopes but you all do so fine)

Pistol 10 round Forty free kin Five! I know without a chrono minor loads of 45/40 or even 9 makes little difference but heavy should at least outwardly look heavy!

Shotgun here is the change I would like to see...Auto 8+1 MAX at all times. PUMP 10+1 only at start.

ONE Heavy division

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. If division capacity is 8+1 what is done with a WSB that stages the shotgun on an empty chamber? Should that mean eight in the tube or 9?

It seems to me that putting nine in (what I normally see) is 9=0 capacity. That is the advantage that I was up against with an eight round tube. When I racked the slide I had eight to shoot. Typically eight in the array. One miss and I was needing a port load. The longer tube gunners had a spare. Now, I know some places will stage a shotgun hot with the safety on

That is why I put a plus three tube on. Note. My comments are not just about limited but even tac-ops. Start is the same in those divisions where I shoot.

I have personally vowed to NOT ever be involved with the Heavy discussions again but damn people that division is all but

Pistol 10 round Forty free kin Five! I know without a chrono minor loads of 45/40 or even 9 makes little difference but heavy should at least outwardly look heavy!

Shotgun here is the change I would like to see...Auto 8+1 MAX at all times. PUMP 10+1 only at start.

ONE Heavy division

I'd probably go back to Heavy with these rules.

I have a question. If division capacity is 8+1 what is done with a WSB that stages the shotgun on an empty chamber? Should that mean eight in the tube or 9?

It seems to me that putting nine in (what I normally see) is 9=0 capacity. That is the advantage that I was up against with an eight round tube. When I racked the slide I had eight to shoot. Typically eight in the array. One miss and I was needing a port load. The longer tube gunners had a spare. Now, I know some places will stage a shotgun hot with the safety on

That is why I put a plus three tube on. Note. My comments are not just about limited but even tac-ops. Start is the same in those divisions where I shoot.

That is why some matches, ours included, require just 8 in the tube on a empty chamber start. Reasoning is, general rules say other than Open, all shotguns must start 8+1. Empty chamber start? Remove the +1, start with 8...

jj

ONE Heavy division

Pat, I don't care if it's one or two Heavy / He Man divisions. I play it at least once a year. I would prefer that that all the matches specify, as you do, .308 Winchester as a minimum. At least one just says .30 caliber. The 8 rounds for auto and 10 to start with a pump is an interesting twist.

With no chrono, In comes the powder puff rifle loads.

Probably, but with a 20 round mag limit and muzzle brakes being as good as they are these days, I don't think they would really be that much of an advantage. Nobody's winning matches on rifle splits anyway (i wish they were, I'd be finishing higher.).

This conversation is like having a conversation with my grandma.... she liked Lawrence Welk and I like AC/DC. I say quit arguing about saving pennies at a dollars expense. If you want to make change then argue for something that makes a little bit of sense....modified tacops!

Since the clocks changed, but My internals haven't caught up...

Equipment Rules

Tac Iron

NO optics

30 rounds in rifle mags

140MM pistol mags (170 for Single Stack)

8 rounds in mag tube on SG, no mag fed SG, no ‘ghost loads’.

(Matches may allow longer tubes)

Min Calibers: .223/5.56 Nato, .9mm, 12Ga.

No porting of Pistol or SG

No Bi-pods

Tac Optic

One Optic allowed on ANY gun. i.e., you can choose a dot on your pistol, but then you have only irons for rife and SG.

Bi-pods allowed, but remain on the rifle through out the match.

All else remains the same as TI

Heavy Metal

One Optic allowed on ANY gun. i.e., you can choose a dot on your pistol, but then you have only irons for rife and SG.

Bi-pods allowed, but remain on the rifle through out the match.

20 rounds in rifle

10 rounds in HG Mags

8 rounds in mag tube on SG, no ‘ghost loads’.

Min Calibers: .308/7.62 x 59 Nato, .45ACP, 12Ga.

Open

Minimum Calibers as in TI

All else is allowed.

If we are going to limit rifle magazines we need to limit pistol magazines as well! After all there would be no separation between a Tac-Optics pistol and a Limited pistol. We need clear equipment divisions...so it seems....so lets limit pistols to a 126mm magazine in Limited (140mm for single stack). We would now have a CLEAR division of equipment between Limited and Tac Optic. Down loading WOULD NOT be allowed as we need them to look, feel, and BE different

While we are at it we need to limit battery size and screen size for the 1X dots. After all a Tac-Optic/Open red dot shouldn't be the same as a Limited red dot.

Now lets talk about shirts. A limited shooter shouldn't be allowed as many sponsors on his shirt as Tac-Optics or Open shooters. We should limit that to 4 I think. One each for the respective firearms, and one for what ever.

And Shoes....how about what ever can be bought off the shelf at an Academy, not any of these Solomon Speed cross racers or fancy cleats!

Pants, we need to limit the number of pockets.....since we have 4 sponsors lets have 4 pockets. None of this fancy 5.11 stuff!!!

Hats would have to meet certain limiting requirements such as a bill no longer than 3" and no more than 6 1/2" wide. No Boonie hats allowed in this division!

Shooting glasses would of course be smaller than Tac-Optic/Open Glasses and, if prescription, only have the correction in the dominant eye side, not both lenses.

Oh and I almost forgot....No sun screen over SPF-15, After all this IS LIMITED!!!

If we are going to limit rifle magazines we need to limit pistol magazines as well! After all there would be no separation between a Tac-Optics pistol and a Limited pistol. We need clear equipment divisions...so it seems....so lets limit pistols to a 126mm magazine in Limited (140mm for single stack). We would now have a CLEAR division of equipment between Limited and Tac Optic. Down loading WOULD NOT be allowed as we need them to look, feel, and BE different!

I agree but as long as we are limiting rifles and pistols to "Factory Standard" magazines we have to limit the shotgun to that as well. 8+1 is extended capacity on most shotguns so we must have factory mag tube lengths only, no after market tubes. Got to keep us scurvy limited shooters separated from the Tac-ops shooters. I guess my pale Irish skin will get me bumped from the class though because SPF-15 is barely adequate.

Kurt, I know you are arguing to the absurd to prove your point, and I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and participation in this discussion. There are two problems with arguing that way, the first is that there are those that think you are serious and lack the capacity to understand your point. The second is that there are some whack jobs out there (me) that like absurd, I embrace it. There was an off hand mention in a recent thread that we should have a 100 yard run to the first shooting position. It was meant to be another absurd argument, but I like it. I have often said that I want Amercan ninja crazy shit in stages, I am game to try most anything.

I am very much against limiting magazine CAPACITY or ROUNDS LOADED for pistol or rifle. ROs can barely manage to keep track of rounds loaded at start for Tactical shotguns. I just got back from working the IPSC World Shoot, and counting the rounds fired for Classic and Production divisions was very tiresome... I would be willing to bet most ROs did not bother, and that extra rounds slipped past them from time to time. If we must go down this path, do it by magazine size (gage, box, whatever).

Edited by StealthyBlagga