Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun comps

Iggy42

So I am planning a new 3-gun build, but I am stuck when it comes to my comp.

I currently run a SJC Titan and I have been happy with it, but I have to admit the Carbon Arms Gas Hog and Dynamic Resistance comps have caught my eye. Anyone run either of these with a 77gr. bullet (either Black Hills or Atlanta Arms - debating on what to use as my future match ammo)

I run a DR. I like it. It is very neutral for me, and it does its job. I'm sure bigger comps might be able to do better but given its size and weight and other benefits I would certainly buy it again.

I haven't used either, but my buddy runs the DR and likes it a lot. I have been running the Rainier Mini Comp (which is awesome for its size and weight) but switched to a Rainier RAC, Basically just adds another port. I have been extremely happy with the RAC. I did however just get a Lantac Dragon, and I don't have any trigger time with it yet, but a lot of reviews are saying its pretty flat.

I run the thebestcompintheworld but it is only available from Unicorn dealers.

And here I thought it was a Seekins

I like the titan I have now, so I will probably stick with it. I figured with a new build I would look around a bit and see what my options are. Since I am leaning toward a CA carbon fiber fore end I came across the comps he has and they definitely piqued my interest.

I tried several comps and at this time (because it could change) I'm running the Apex Enhanced Stabilization Attachment since it meets size requirements for mostly all the matches I enter. It works really good, the gun tracks flat, not noisy to the shooter, not a lot of dust blown up when shooting prone, and its really light weight. The square shooter works a little better but the size can be an issue at some matches. Be careful, purchasing compensators can become addictive!

JG

+2 Miculek Comp; lots of testing and comparisons its always up there for its effectiveness, and half the price. I'd say its the way to go, not sure how it rates on the weight issue . ( apetrulis01:) would you mind sharing the type modification you've have done to improve it

A drill and drill bits of course! And a dremel if your feeling wild. They're apparently surface hardened so it helps to grind a tiny flat spot to get your bit started though. Found out you can't start them on the curved surface, right after a bit slipped and popped out the far side of my hand... it hurt.

I also prefer my comps to be machined from unicorn horn. Rainbows spout from the ports when you get a hit, but you have to sign an agreement promising to never sell your pants to sponsors before you are allowed to shoot one.