Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Free the feet!

Steve Koski

I didn't catch it at first ether.... the pivot foot (right foot) was very close to coming off the ground but after reviewing the slow motion, it looked legal.

The hard part to me is arguing who is right. The SO called the PE, how did the shooter argue out of it? you can't use video as a replay.

Just one more Rule that is so ambiguously written that five different SOs can call it five different ways. I thought the NRB was supposed to get rid of all these "Rules" that were subjectively called. They partially achieved that by ending 'Round Dumping'... but they have a long way to go to achieve a truly concise and definitive RB.

Leaving a shooting position to advance to another shooting position with an empty gun is an obvious penalty... and always has been. The apparent confusion between that and 'shuffling feet on the reload' ... or a 'moving reload' ... is just another example of why someone with technical writing skills needs to go through the NRB... line by line... and fix this mess.

If an MD and Rule Book expert, like Koski, can see two different things in one action.... then someone needs to bring the adults into the room and fix the RB.

Would this rule be born for safety purposes? How many have been DQ'd or nearly DQ'd for reloading on the move while moving toward our weak hand side and breaking the 180 rule?

The rule (as I understand it) was born out of IDPA's desire to be more "tactical". The reality is that IDPA is just a damned game and this rule just drives it closer to irrelevancy.

Edited by elguapo

Would this rule be born for safety purposes? How many have been DQ'd or nearly DQ'd for reloading on the move while moving toward our weak hand side and breaking the 180 rule?

The rule (as I understand it) was born out of IDPA's desire to be more "tactical". The reality is that IDPA is just a damned game and this rule just drives it closer to irrelevancy.

I agree.

Nothing more tactical than standing still by a door way with who know what less than 2 feet away, on the other side while you are unarmed. Let's face it if your firearm is empty, your unarmed.

Even if I shoot at a snake with a single shot shotgun, I move away while I reload. That is called instinct, humans are not the only species that have it.

Edited by jmorris

Killed on the streets, real life, tactical...I would like to see stats on USPSA/idpa competitors who have been involved in actual SD situations. I will bet $100 that there are more "mega million" winners than people that would fit in that category.

Not really sure if it makes any difference either direction you go in your games, just find one you like.