Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM or Stormlake glock 34

Onepocket

KKM Drop in. Locks up tight, Very Accurate and are probably the #1 selling Aftermarket Barrel for Glocks.

That's what Team Glock used in the Bianchi Cup. Team Glock could have any barrel they want, so that tells you something.

I have 3 KKM's and they are all Flawless..

Lone Wolf made in Korea, Storm Lake made in the USA so they are not exactly the same. I own both storm lake and kkm Glock barrels and shooting with a delta point at 20 yards from a bench rest the kkm is more accurate by a hair.

I have never found anything wrong with the OEM Glock barrel. Bullet goes where the front sight is during competition. JR/LWD gave me several of his barrels in appreciation for helping develop his connector. Accuracy wise I see no difference in OEM and aftermarket. Oh, I am one of those morons that shoots lead bullets out of a OEM barrel. Been doing it for 15+ years. Dang MarkCo where were you when I needed you to tell me my gun would blow up? :goof:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently sighted in a friends gun - 4th generation Glock 19. He had both a KKM and the original factory barrel. I found that the factory barrel was consistently more accurate. It was a big surprise to me.

Edited by CANDERSEN

I started with OEM. Bought Lone Wolf barrels so I can shoot lead (yes, I bought into the internet hype about lead in OEM barrels...LOL). Switched to KKM. Here are my thoughts:

1) OEM: good accuracy. Generous chamber tolerances

2) Lone Wolf: good accuracy. Tight chamber tolerances (had to send barrel back to be reamed for my reloads). Good value.

3) KKM: very good accuracy. Tight chamber tolerances, but not as tight as Lone Wolf.

If you don't reload and/or buy into the "no lead in a Glock barrel" theory....stick with OEM and just shoot the snot out of it!

If you reload, KKM is the best. Tighter chamber means less expansion of the brass (which leads to less working of the brass in resizing, etc.). The traditional lands and grooves are great for lead bullets. It does lock up tighter than OEM.

Hope this helps.

Z-

Has anyone measured and compared the dimensions of the KKM, Storm Lake, Wilson Combat and OEM barrels???

I am thinking that the critical dimensions maybe between the the end of the barrel hood and the edge where the barrel locks up into the front of the slide. The less the better.

I have had both StormLake and KKM barrels in my glocks and pretty much liked both of them. I do not feel you can go wrong with either one. I currently have KKM barrel in my glock 34 and S&W M&P Pro 5'.