Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has a bull barrel and is apparently built by armcor pro department.

You also get a checkered front strap on the grip instead of serrations, and from shooting both a pro match and a Tac for a while, the pro match is fit a little tighter all around.

I just ordered a 51738 from grabagun. If you click on their best price it comes back at $814 plus $6 shipping. Should I change the magwell ? What mags should I use with either the original magwell or should I replace the magwell with ... and what mags. thanks for your help.

I can confirm for a fact now that I've received my 40 Ultra match that these are the factory magazines that come with the Ultra match 40. Tested them all today and they all work great.

Magazine Info for the PRO MATCH 40 ULTRA;
https://advancedtactical.com/products/magazines/.40sw/ria-full-size-1911-a-2-magazine-high-cap-15-rnd-40sw-10mm
Armscor directed me here when I asked to purchase extra magazines. I ordered 5, but haven't received any or my pistol yet to test them. Hope this helps.

Here are some pics of the mags. They measure .930ish so they should drop free.

2h4ja5h.jpg

9742ud.jpg

23wofm0.jpg

Man i have been doing the mag shuffle for a month with the tac 9mm 51679. I to ordered the pro match 40.

So here is what I know:

Stock Magwell: Mec-Gar P14 with the Dawsons basepads works great.

After market magwell: I bought the Taylor Tactical "Fattie" Magwell. The Mec-Gar/Dawsons combo does not work. The MBX mags works perfectly. I also recently found out that the STI 140mm works as well. Wish i knew this b4 i bought THE MBX's.

There are several threads on Enos addressing this. What i stated is what works for me...

I just ordered a 51738 from grabagun. If you click on their best price it comes back at $814 plus $6 shipping. Should I change the magwell ? What mags should I use with either the original magwell or should I replace the magwell with ... and what mags. thanks for your help.

Man i have been doing the mag shuffle for a month with the tac 9mm 51679. I to ordered the pro match 40.

So here is what I know:

Stock Magwell: Mec-Gar P14 with the Dawsons basepads works great.

After market magwell: I bought the Taylor Tactical "Fattie" Magwell. The Mec-Gar/Dawsons combo does not work. The MBX mags works perfectly. I also recently found out that the STI 140mm works as well. Wish i knew this b4 i bought THE MBX's.

There are several threads on Enos addressing this. What i stated is what works for me...

This will be the second season that I got mine, there was little to no info then, and RIA had no mags to sell. I took the plunge and spent the money on an STI after trying one of the other shooters mags, works. The TF magwell fit great, you come to expect that from them, although I don't notice any real benefit from installing it compared to the original. I am using Grams internals for the mags. I hope for your sake that the quality has improved, my slide wouldn't come of the frame(yes I took the slide stop out) when tipped over, lots of polishing. Ran another shoot this weekend, ran flawlessly. Good luck, lets us know about your experiences.

This will be the second season that I got mine, there was little to no info then, and RIA had no mags to sell. I took the plunge and spent the money on an STI after trying one of the other shooters mags, works. The TF magwell fit great, you come to expect that from them, although I don't notice any real benefit from installing it compared to the original. I am using Grams internals for the mags. I hope for your sake that the quality has improved, my slide wouldn't come of the frame(yes I took the slide stop out) when tipped over, lots of polishing. Ran another shoot this weekend, ran flawlessly. Good luck, lets us know about your experiences.

You have been a great source of nfo for me. What ive re-learned was that the sti and cv's are expensive for a reason. That being said, u can make these inexpensive guns into very good shooters. A little cash and hands on work go a long way. These pistols are not my STI's but they are better than the Glocks and S&Ws IMHO.