Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

Hey Quadrant, I replaced my front sight with a Lightning Rod from Brazos, 0.330x65x0.075, this may be the part number, 40-067-75. The attached pics are for RIA front and rear sight dove tails, at least for the Pro Match 40. My 40 already has an adjustable rear sight, so I stuck with it.

Thanks...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back again Quadrant, this is my Pro Match 40, the new addition is the Taylor Freelance magwell, have shot it, and like it, but tomorrow will be the true test, have the first competition. It's still cold and wet in Montana.

Looks Sweet... Let us know how it runs at the match... Good Luck

As usual, the gun screwed that match, no matter how hard I aimed it, it would only shot C's and D's. I wish I could blame it on the gun! Ran great, only had one FTF? The new front sight helped, and wish I could say the new mag well helped as much, didn't notice any difference. The trigger work got me a couple of times, it breaks right at 3 lbs and is crisp. The results haven't been released yet, but for the first day out, I didn't feel to bad. Of course the only stage that counts, classiffier, I blew it. The only one that did it well was the new Production shooter? go figure. What's the old saying, next time.

Superslowmo, I did no modifications to the magwell for the Dawson basepads, or to fit the gun. TF does say that fitting may be required, depends on the gun I guess?

My mags (the dawson basepad, Mec-Gar P18 mags) won't work with the TF magwell. I running the 9mm HC 56179 and you are running the .40 Promatch 51738 correct? The 140mm MBX fit perfect. Which magazine are you using with the Dawson basepads out of your Promatch .40

Edited by Quadrant

As usual, the gun screwed that match, no matter how hard I aimed it, it would only shot C's and D's. I wish I could blame it on the gun! Ran great, only had one FTF? The new front sight helped, and wish I could say the new mag well helped as much, didn't notice any difference. The trigger work got me a couple of times, it breaks right at 3 lbs and is crisp. The results haven't been released yet, but for the first day out, I didn't feel to bad. Of course the only stage that counts, classiffier, I blew it. The only one that did it well was the new Production shooter? go figure. What's the old saying, next time.

What trigger are you running. Did it require much fitting. Thanks....