Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

I have ran mine with .40 minor and major to include federal factory 180 and had zero issues with the gun so far. I have had a issue with the nickel para P16 mags from midway and Dawson plates. They are to short and won't lock up without a good smacking, seems the mag being short causes the base plate to hit the mag well.

Now the factory ACT mags from Greg Cotes are 100% so far.

What basepads are you running on the mags?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand there were two different lengths, a standard length and an extended length. I understand the oversized button just thought there was some sort of extended length that extends the mag release itself and then the button screws into it.

I haven't seen a regular size but extended. The ones I have bought were normal para widebody type, just drilled and tapped. The threaded in button adds height and size.

I just fit a nitro fin on my Rock. Does anyone else complete with theirs? Making my way to B class in limited. Should be there soon. I am also competing at USPSA nationals with this gun.

I picked up a 2011 FS Tactical w/rail in .40. What Bladetech holster and which DAA racemaster insert for this gun?

BladeTech makes a Drop-Offset for the RIA. Select Rock Island as the Manf. and RIA 5" w/ Rail DS http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24&osCsid=ephdgcmtsbj9106o19934p82a5#.V3us-_krJD8

RaceMaster insert for 1911. The rounded trigger guard dictates the type of block; SVI, STI, etc. will not work.

I have ran mine with .40 minor and major to include federal factory 180 and had zero issues with the gun so far. I have had a issue with the nickel para P16 mags from midway and Dawson plates. They are to short and won't lock up without a good smacking, seems the mag being short causes the base plate to hit the mag well.

Now the factory ACT mags from Greg Cotes are 100% so far.

What basepads are you running on the mags?

Sorry for the delay. I have Dawson's on all the mags

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought one of these (51947, 9mm/22tcm) for my father in law. Took it to the range and went back and forth with it and my own older SVI in 40.

Shot great, no issues at all (I went over it completely including setting the extractor tension with the weigand gauges).

Accuracy wasn't on par with the SVI, especially at longer distances, but I think that has more to do with my 9mm load not being a great one.

I read the last few pages here and find references to ACT mags from cotes, but those seem to be for 40.

So what are the 9mm mags y'all are using for these? So far it seems impossible to get the exact one that comes with the gun from armscor.

I've been thinking about doing mine but with the front cocking serrations I'm not sure I want to cut in that area. I've thought about opening up the top like a G34 or XDM 5.25".

Here is a M&P I did a while back. Don't know if these cuts would look good on a 2011.

post-49618-0-58482500-1470179053_thumb.j

post-49618-0-49452200-1470179083_thumb.j

I've been thinking about doing mine but with the front cocking serrations I'm not sure I want to cut in that area. I've thought about opening up the top like a G34 or XDM 5.25".

Here is a M&P I did a while back. Don't know if these cuts would look good on a 2011.

The M&P looks great.... What is your concern with cutting into the front serrations?

The M&P looks great.... What is your concern with cutting into the front serrations?
They are already there. Definately wouldn't want to cut sideways through them. I'm thinking about starting right behind them and doing 2-3 cuts like a STI DVC Limited has. After that I might think about either flattopping the slid or milling one long 3/8"-1/2" wide slot out of the top. Edited by aandabooks