Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

thanks, looks interesting, may have to give it a try. I did something similar to an XDM, had someone that is good at welding put a tab on, works great. I have been looking at a gun taht looks very similar to what SCTaylor has, but will probably wait for another Pro 40.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , I used mine in its first 3gun match today. Let's just say it's performance was less than stellar. I ended up calling it a day half way through the shoot . Too many failures to extract. The slide would come all the way back and then forward to try and strip anotherround from the mag only to be stopped by the empty case still in the chamber causing a jam. When time counts , that blows your day. Because I will be asked I was running 125gr RN

I had to tune the extractor on my 9mm to get it to run 100%. I also installed a Wilson Combat Bullet Proof extractor in my 9 and 40.

I have ran mine with .40 minor and major to include federal factory 180 and had zero issues with the gun so far. I have had a issue with the nickel para P16 mags from midway and Dawson plates. They are to short and won't lock up without a good smacking, seems the mag being short causes the base plate to hit the mag well.

Now the factory ACT mags from Greg Cotes are 100% so far.

Edited by Debob

Good deal! Last night I got 20 in 2 mags but one was a bear, only taking 18. I'll let them sit for a few days before checking again.

It worked great. Got 20 in all 3 ACT mags.

Well , I used mine in its first 3gun match today. Let's just say it's performance was less than stellar. I ended up calling it a day half way through the shoot . Too many failures to extract. The slide would come all the way back and then forward to try and strip anotherround from the mag only to be stopped by the empty case still in the chamber causing a jam. When time counts , that blows your day. Because I will be asked I was running 125gr RN

I have a 51679 and mine wouldn't run with the stock extractor. I bought a Wilson combat and it runs like I stole it now. Been using it for over a year in 3 gun love it.

Edited by Shooter212

Usmc - how much had you shot it prior to the match?

I had ran about 400 or so rounds through it without trouble.. it cycled the slide but left a case in the chamber..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98eebe3eae2eba66d482da9c99a3059f.jpg

Picked up my RIA 51782 40 S&W and got home to find this..Let it roll until it gets worse (if it gets worse) or address this with Armscor right off the bat? I had to get it online and didn't break it down in store..

I was seriously advised to buy a new frame. I haven't even shot it yet.

I would call rather than use the online chat. I have communicated a bit both ways, and it seemed like the people I spoke with via chat didn't have a clue.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Shawn Fairbairn

Armscor

150 N Smart Way

Pahrump NV 89060

(phone) 775-537-1444

(Fax) 775-537-1446

E-mail shawn@rockislandarmory.com

Shawn is their in house gunsmith & the person to talk to about parts or warranty service.

Edited by M8Stealth

Bamabound. Did you make it to CMP? I checked my phone a few times to see if you had texted. Mine ran like a rented mule, now me on the other hand just sorta trotted like a limping dog hahahahaha

Bamabound. Did you make it to CMP? I checked my phone a few times to see if you had texted. Mine ran like a rented mule, now me on the other hand just sorta trotted like a limping dog hahahahaha

Haha, no I had a test to study for so, you know priorities...I actually picked up one myself but not the pro match. Got tired of waiting for one as I have been looking at them for a few months.

I was just wanting to see a picture of the standard length or the extended length to see if I could skate by with the standard length or for me to wait for the extended lengths to come back.

The "button" releases are just a regular release that is drilled and tapped and has a screw in oversize button.

So without the button, or some other oversize head, it is no taller or wider than the factory release.

I have the 51782 TAC Ultra FS HC 40 S&W and am wanting to change the sights. For whatever reason my firearm isn't listed on Armscor's website anymore, for reference due to it being similar to the 51679 its listed as having a "LPA MPS1-Type Rear Sight" which is identical to what might is wearing. Would I be able to just change it to any LPA cut type sight...it does have LPA listed on my rear sight. I know some of the other 1911s from Armscor have the "Novak" type sight. Dawson only offers a couple of different options as most of them being fixed and would like to have to luxury of adjustable sights. What have y'all done?

Edited by bamabound

The "button" releases are just a regular release that is drilled and tapped and has a screw in oversize button.

So without the button, or some other oversize head, it is no taller or wider than the factory release.

From what I understand there were two different lengths, a standard length and an extended length. I understand the oversized button just thought there was some sort of extended length that extends the mag release itself and then the button screws into it.