Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ's are Taking Over

Smitty79

I just did my daily dose of scanning through all of the BE posts in the last 24 hours. I swear CZ posts outnumbered Glock posts something like 3 to 1. No one else was even close. This has to be the first time I've ever lead on a trend. I moved from Glock to CZ a year ago.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won my first CZ (provided by CZ Custom here in Mesa, AZ) at a shoot while shooting a Glock and have been a convert ever since. Living near CZ Custom doesn't help my budget either. Stuart says he knows it's Friday because I show up with my wife to get some stuff. She comes to keep me on the leash.

I'm seeing the same phenomenon at my local matches... many many miles away from the OP (Southern Louisianna, Alabama, Mississippi).

Come to think of it I haven't seen a Glock in Production division in quite a while, but the Shadows are abundant.

Yep.

Tons of guys running around with CZ's these days around here, at least in USPSA. Im curious as to whether or not the local IDPA clubs have anyone shooting SSP with cz's. I might have to be the first shmoe to do so!

I am a glock guy (for now) enjoy the trigger on my 1911, but I need to look into the CZ guns. being new to peaked interest in CZ's what is the models that will work in USPSA limited and or SSP and production. (this could get pricey)

All the talk about the triggers and reliability is a huge draw

I am a glock guy (for now) enjoy the trigger on my 1911, but I need to look into the CZ guns. being new to peaked interest in CZ's what is the models that will work in USPSA limited and or SSP and production. (this could get pricey)

All the talk about the triggers and reliability is a huge draw

For Limited, Tactical Sport in 40. For SSP or Production, some flavor of SP-01 Shadow.

Around here they are in the increase, but not to the extent that it sounds like they have elsewhere. At the recent sectional match my non-scientific count was a tanfo, two Sigs, 4 CZs, a couple M&Ps and the rest pretty evenly split between Glock and XD. I sure like mine and suspect that more folks will switch over time.

Well, last weekend at IDPA local match, guy on my squad was shooting new P-09 FDE. I know only three of us at our club shoot CZ pistols. I know USPSA matches we have atleast 10-15 shooters running CZ pistols CZ-75, SP-01 Shadows, P-09.

I only have 5 CZ pistols and 2 Kimbers, and one Kahr PM9 :-). So i am a little BIASED :-)

BGC

CZs are awesome right out of the box. But after a trip to CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works, they're freakin awesome. I like Glocks but will probably never buy anything in the future but Czs and 1911s. I'm spoiled.

CZs are awesome right out of the box. But after a trip to CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works, they're freakin awesome. I like Glocks but will probably never buy anything in the future but Czs and 1911s. I'm spoiled.

For completeness, you do need some kind of revolver.

CZ's are big at my club. I found an SP-01 (not a Shadow) and rebuilt it with CGW parts and have improved my times and accuracy over my G17. Heavy steel gun seems easier to control than the polymer guns. Would love to trade my G35 for a Tac Sport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol, you guys must not get the t-shirts we get here from the local distributor.

CZ SP01 SHADOW

GLOBAL DOMINATION

The SP01 Shadow has been pretty much the dominant gun here in production for probably 4 years or more now. Same goes in europe. The EAA/tanfoglio models (stock II and stock III) are next.

I think the US is only catching on now as they've had a massive love affair with the glocks and XD's and other polymer guns that the rest of the world doesn't really have. Sure we have plenty of glocks etc here in IPSC but shadows out number them for sure by far.

I think the other aspect is the style of shooting. IPSC here (and in europe) tend to have a bit more longer distance stuff than USPSA. It seems in USPSA there's more emphasis on the hoser type stuff at 7 yards or closer. For the close stuff there's nothing in it really between a glock and a shadow. once you get 15 yards or more the shadow seems to have a bit of an edge.

pba_tshirt_global_dominatio.jpg