Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun - August 13-16, 2015

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think once you are checked in at the gate you can use the zero range.

I vaguely recall that being the case in the past, just want to be sure we're doing the right thing. [emoji2] Edited by AustinWolv

From stage one to nine,,, is driving,,, 6 miles,, apart give or take,, I don't know how they have the stages this year,,, but,, YES bring the cart if you can,, you might get to use it a few times,, that is nice,, some stages are right off the road,, other have been, 300 to 500 yrds,,

How close is parking to the stages? Is it worth bringing a gun cart to go between truck and stage or close enough to work out of the truck? Thanks.

Park at the front gate and use a cart. :roflol:

Honestly, there are a few cart guys, but I do not see the benefit at RM3G due to the "Rocky" part of the match title. :)

I just got off the phone with a friend who is up there. The mosquitos are quite bad. One flew by with a bullfrog in its mouth.

Another friend said they were on the porch of the cabin having a libation when they thought a hummingbird flew in. It was another skeeter!

Can't wait til tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with a friend who is up there. The mosquitos are quite bad. One flew by with a bullfrog in its mouth.

Another friend said they were on the porch of the cabin having a libation when they thought a hummingbird flew in. It was another skeeter!

Can't wait til tomorrow.

And if it gets warm like today, the horse flies come out and give skeeter a break.

Good luck to everyone, as always a great match awaits.

Some fun was had today!

It was a good day! A little warm, but dry...ish!

Remember, Friday night BBQ Coors!

Special thanks to the Quantico Shooting Team for the raising of the colors this morning and taking care of them throughout the match!

We are honored to have visitors from the Czech Republic, UK, Australia, Mexico, the Philippines, Finland and of course the AMAZING USA!!!

:wub: Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

What a great match. ROs and staff were great. Stages ran smooth and had a great mix of close and long range targets. Plus what a great venue. Would love to live out here. I was lucky enough to win the Tooth and Nail Armory shotgun. Thanks to them for supporting the match. Also got a chance to talk to the owners. Great guys and very helpful and patient with all my questions. Good to see a company that still prides itself in knowing its customers and wants to be involved in the shooting sports.

By my count 4 rattlesnakes thru today... Big one I dispatched today was helping James Gill walk the pistol stage. He makes a funny squeeky toy noise when he sees a snake...

Me, I just scream like a girl...

jj

So what is the rule on that? Do I get DQ'ed for lighting up a rattlesnake? I live by a simple rule. The only good snake is a dead snake.

http://rm3gworld.webs.com/Has what you want to know!!!

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot with us or work with us! 3-Gunners are the best!

Major thanks to JP Enterprises​ for their support and inspiration!

I know that so many of you were pleased to receive the JP Expert Pin!

Thanks to all our sponsors! It's over 100, so I will not list them all here! :-)

Congratulations to:

DPMS Panther Arms​ Junior Shoot-Off

1st - Tim Yackley

2nd - Sean Yackley

3rd - Ethen Malcolm

4th - Evan Jameson (RO)

Brownells, Inc.​ / Devil Dog Arms​ Ladies' Shoot-Off

1st - Becky Yackley

2nd - Katie Harris

3rd - Lanny Barnes

4th - Candice Horner

TEAM SHOOT-OFF

1st - Army AMU - Daniel H, Joel T, Tyler P, John B

2nd - Team USA again - Don B, Tate M, Glenn S, Kuan W

3rd - Ergo Grips - Fermin O, Mark Q, Jared M, Benito M

4th - Shadow Company - Keith M, Chris T, Kevin H, Arturo B

Limited Scope

1st - Daniel Horner - Top Military

2nd - Tim Yackley

3rd - Todd Jarrett

Top Lady - Katie Harris

Top Junior - Tim Yackley

Top Law - Daniel Nickel

Limited Iron

1st - Joel Turner - Top Military

2nd - Mark Mutz

3rd - Mark Quintana

Top Lady - Candice Horner

Top Junior - Evan Jameson

Top Law - Mark Yackley

Open

1st - Tyler Payne - Top Military

2nd - Jerry Miculek

3rd - Vaclav Vinduska

Top Lady - Becky Yackley

Top Junior - Sean Yackley

Top Law - Craig Calkins

He-Man Scope

1st - Jared Millinazzo

2nd - Tate Moots - Top Law

3rd - David Neth

Top Lady - Erinn Sanderson

Top Military - Jon Copeland

He-Man Iron

1st - Mike Payne

2nd - Kuan Watson - Top Law

3rd - Ting Sun

Top Military - JJ Johnson

Next year's match will be August 11-14, 2016! Mark your calendars!

Another fine example of a well organized and well thought out match! It was probably the smoothest match I've attended. The one on/one off format is just the ticket to keep the pace at an even keel and no one breathing down your neck to get done. Thanks to all the hard working ROs, without your guys and gals, this tough match wouldn't and couldn't exist! :cheers:

Great big "Thank You" to all match sponsors!!!

Loved the long range slugs and pistol targets! Stage 2 and 3 really tested all skills and position shooting experiences.

Gear wise, the good old Leupold Prismatic dot is still the ticket for me in LI. Know your ballistic is key to this match.

BTW sunflowers and yellow backers just don't mix, but there isn't much choices out there for backers so it is what it is. We can always harp on the 'paint the targets' for each squad but man...that's a lot of ground to cover in between squads. I shot the Limited Iron for the first time and amazingly I could see all the targets, albeit a little slow in the "where is Waldo" search, but that's part of the game and I'm sure everyone in the LI class had the same difficulty one time or another, so fair game IMO.

Well done Denise and JJ!

Edited by PacMan

This was my first time at RM3G and all I can say is WOW! Incredible venue, amazing planning & coordination and a TOP notch staff.

Sponsors were generous, thank you to each and every one of them.

Huge thanks to JP, JJ and certainly Denise. This was an experience I'll never forget...and hopefully never miss again!

Another fine example of a well organized and well thought out match! It was probably the smoothest match I've attended. The one on/one off format is just the ticket to keep the pace at an even keel and no one breathing down your neck to get done. Thanks to all the hard working ROs, without your guys and gals, this tough match wouldn't and couldn't exist! :cheers:

Great big "Thank You" to all match sponsors!!!

Loved the long range slugs and pistol targets! Stage 2 and 3 really tested all skills and position shooting experiences.

Gear wise, the good old Leupold Prismatic dot is still the ticket for me in LI. Know your ballistic is key to this match.

BTW sunflowers and yellow backers just don't mix, but there isn't much choices out there for backers so it is what it is. We can always harp on the 'paint the targets' for each squad but man...that's a lot of ground to cover in between squads. I shot the Limited Iron for the first time and amazingly I could see all the targets, albeit a little slow in the "where is Waldo" search, but that's part of the game and I'm sure everyone in the LI class had the same difficulty one time or another, so fair game IMO.

Well done Denise and JJ!

Aaahhh! Thanks Pacman. I know the RO's appreciate your thanks because you are one and know the amount of work they do out here, so that means a lot!

See you at the range! Good shooting!

Denise

Another excellent RM3G is in the books and it was a really fun match, As usual Denise kept things running very smoothly. Even when things didn't seem to be going smoothly for her, the competitors would never know, cuz she know's how to take care of business. JJ did a great job on the stages as well. All of the stages really fun and well balanced and... they were more technically challenging than I was expecting.

A huge thank you to the staff. I've had my boots on the ground at this match and I know how tired you are today. You guys make this match happen on game day(s) and everyone there was terrific.

A huge thank you to all of the sponsors and a huge thank you to JP Enterprises. John Paul's speech during awards was inspiring and we all left knowing that his passions for family and country, run much deeper than just making great rifles.

Thank you to the Marines for flying the Colors each day and to the AMU for honoring Old Glory with excellent shooting.

Thank you to the Whittington Center for playing host for this outstanding event. I just don't know of a better shooting facility in the U.S. The scenery was spectacular and the facility well maintained. There were clean out houses and water on every stage, the stages were mowed and roads were all maintained from the heavy rains.

The team event was really cool and I hope that comes back next year. It was fun watching the top competitors in the match, throw down as teams. Some great shooting for sure.

Got my pin, had a great time and I'll be back again next year for sure.

Mike