Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Impossible to get off NRA email list

BlackBuzzard

I belong to nra, but never gave them my email......some freakin local uspsa club I shoot at gave it out.

As a result, I get pounded 4-6 times a day with nra credit card offers and more.

Unsubscribe does not seem to work......this is what really ticks me off.

I support them overall, but they abuse my email inbox.

Edited by BlackBuzzard

From http://www.nramemberservices.org/members/faq/faq.aspx

Q: How can I reduce the amount of mail I receive from the NRA?

A: Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal.

For me it was even worse, they'd call asking for money 2-4 times a day!

Edited by blind bat

I agree 100%. I'm a life member of the NRA and SAF and annual member of local orgs (GOAL and ProGunNH). But I can sympathize with the OP, if you get on the wrong NRA list(s) your mail box and inbox will be filled.

I agree. As great of an organization as they are NRA can be downright annoying asking for money and emailing/mailing junk every day. I called them a few years ago and asked them to please remove me from their lists and it all stopped.

I tried calling them to get my name fix and it went rounds for about a month trying to get the right person to get it corrected. Finally I went on their website filled out the contact us form and it was fixed in an hour.

So if calling doesn't get it done, I had good luck with the contact us form.

Very little of the barrage of C%$& from the NRA is actually from the NRA. Outside vendors get permission from NRA

to promote various products. They promote the products, and the NRA gets a cut of the take. So it is not

your dues paying for it all, as some seem to think.

I called member services about 5 years ago and told them to stop all promotional contact. It took about

6 months to get my name flushed out of the system--but since then I have not received anything in the

mail from then except my magazine and stuff directly connected to my membership.

I got my first renewal notice before I got my first copy of American Rifleman. I declined to renew my membership after that first year. I do give them money through friends of the NRA banquets, I just don't get all the mail.

I have received 5 membership renewal forms this month alone. My membership doesn't expire until 2015. I will get the same next month. Unless they are getting the paper, printing and postage free they could save a ton of money if the quit sending out BS mail.

I am a member and support them and appreciate all the work they do for us but it seems the money could be better spent on something else.

I have received 5 membership renewal forms this month alone. My membership doesn't expire until 2015. I will get the same next month. Unless they are getting the paper, printing and postage free they could save a ton of money if the quit sending out BS mail.

I am a member and support them and appreciate all the work they do for us but it seems the money could be better spent on something else.

Everybody does that. I support about 25 different charities and give them a check twice a year... but all year long they keep sending me requests for money and many of them include stamped return envelopes. Killing a whole lot of trees and dollars for that.

• 3 weeks later...

They probably do get it for free. The contracted direct mail solicitor probably pays for it and the NRA gets a cut of the take.