Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So you installed a *thumb rest [generic]*

cnote

I took my DAA thumb rest off today...

Still in the process of deciding if I like It or not... I have to be really careful not to "overdrive" the gun. It almost handles recoil too well, if I consciously use my thumb then it's way too much and my follow up shots dip low almost without fail.

It took me a while to learn how to use it, you can't put any pressure on it or your follow up shots will be low.
I guess you use it more like a stop instead of a rest, if that makes sense.

• 2 months later...

Both of mine took a little fitting. Just an fyi, I worked with blade-tech to get a wrs holster made for fldc 2011's thumb rests for 3 gun. I just modified my regular blade-tech holster to work with my limited gun.

• 3 months later...

Got my Nitro Fin Via a member here THANKS, it was not drilled , like brand new!

It's fit every 1911 or 2011 I've slide it in to so far

Really like the feel of messing with it in the house

going to range tomorrow and will let you know about shooting it, believe it will be good

I do shoot a GoGas on my open gun

• 2 months later...

I just received my Nitro Fin and it dropped right in. Dry fired with it and loved it.

Took it to a match and once again was the example of "test your stuff before you use it in a match".

I had it on for one stage. It felt great, but it kept locking the slide back with rounds left in the magazine. Is that user error or do I need to fiddle with my dremel to modify it? I really want it to work. These are Dawson tuned mags, btw. I'm planning on doing more testing this weekend. Any thoughts? 6" FGW limited gun.

Calvin,

These are Dawson tuned mags with Grams followers that I have already modified to not lock the slide back. The slide was locking back with between 10 and 5 rounds remaining in them. I will test when I get home to see if they lock it back empty or full. Thanks for the link though. I've seen that before but know Brazos is a great resource.

I've installed THESE on my race guns.

Love the adjustability, not sure how I ever got along without thumbrests.

'Course, the main selection criteria was that DAA offers them in left-hand ^_^

+1 on the DAA adjustable thumbrest.

I installed the thumbrest to prevent my weak hand from accidentally bumping the mag release. Zero accidental releases after install.

I just received my Nitro Fin and it dropped right in. Dry fired with it and loved it.

Took it to a match and once again was the example of "test your stuff before you use it in a match".

I had it on for one stage. It felt great, but it kept locking the slide back with rounds left in the magazine. Is that user error or do I need to fiddle with my dremel to modify it? I really want it to work. These are Dawson tuned mags, btw. I'm planning on doing more testing this weekend. Any thoughts? 6" FGW limited gun.

Did you do any filing to it at all? If you try to lock the slide back on purpose, it is very easy to do it?

Using the PT slide stop thumb rest on my Lim gun. Liking it more and more. Had to adjust my grip slightly. If I get to high on it with my thumb, I can actually rotate it enough to catch the slide when I fire and it locks up. As long as I don't do that, I'm liking it :)

ja3u8y9e.jpg

I hacked up a DAA adjustable, and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much more will that rest go over - in the horizontal position? Thanks
There is ~5mm more rearward movement in the bolt groove. Probably will go well under 45 degrees. You could even lengthen both slots to go more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by cvincent