Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VIHTAVUORI

pjb45

Some shops are asking eur 62.- ($85) for a pound of N3x0. And I have heard of even higher prices.

Glad I never used it, don't have to adjust to a new powder this way :)

Edited by xrayfk05

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up 6 lbs. of 3N38 Lapua data lists 1207 FPS for a 9mm 147gr out of a 4 in barrel! BTW if now ones seen it Lapua has a new load data sight and added more calibers/load data on 7-2-14

I use this load for bowling pins. I don't get 1200 FPS even out of a 5" + Glock 34 barrel (and I worked up this load using XTPs) but it is fun to shoot.

PV had a delivery about a two weeks ago or so, monitored there site all afternoon hoping to snag something, finally gave up and headed up.

Got home around 30 minutes later and checked the site, they had 4lb'ers in stock, so I snagged eight.

powder.JPG

~g

Picked up 32lbs of N320 just a week ago :goof:

~g

Why? You are the reason that no one else can get any.

32 lbs is a small order these days. I just got down to 24 lbs of WAC and now I will start paying attention to PV updates etc and order some when I see it. I no longer deal in small amounts of anything when it comes to reloading components. Then again I have just been sitting back watching everybody panic for the last two years and reloading and shooting as if there is no shortage. My guess is anybody who got caught short handed this time won't make the same mistake twice.

~g

32 lbs is a small order these days. I just got down to 24 lbs of WAC and now I will start paying attention to PV updates etc and order some when I see it. I no longer deal in small amounts of anything when it comes to reloading components. Then again I have just been sitting back watching everybody panic for the last two years and reloading and shooting as if there is no shortage. My guess is anybody who got caught short handed this time won't make the same mistake twice.

+1 Agree, hate working up new loads . . . rather be out "trying" to hit stuff :blink:

Need me some: VV N310 & maybe some more N320 :)

Edited by SPDGG

I used to think one year of primers and powder was plenty... my NEW standard is 2 years of primers/powder in advance.

With regards to VV N320, I've moved closer to a three year supply. I grabbed an extra 20lbs. of VV N320 the last time Powder Valley had stock. I noticed that one four pound bottle came in the old style bottle, but four of my four pound bottles came in a newly designed bottle.

Yes, I know my new "stocking status" hasn't helped the general reloading population, but the good news is that I'm stocked back up so there will be more powder for everyone else.

Hopefully everyone will reach a comfortable level soon but I'm afraid after every panic/shortage, new hand loaders will also start thinking like me. On the bright side there's always death... Maybe estate sales will be the new source of reloading components :)

~g

I've been buying in bulk to save money on shipping/hazmat charges. Started reloading 1 year ago, so I wasn't able to stock up prior :angry2: Got lucky a few times at local stores, the range I work at, and couple of online orders..... unlike a lot of people I'm in a good place :devil: Totally agree with storing 2+ years worth of components, trying to build a fair stash of bullets is next. Things seem to be getting better, pistol powder just needs to catch up.

~g