Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The new Kidd in my family

Bear1142

Here's my new Limited Gun built by Rusty Kidd. I can't say enough about how happy I am. I did the grip work and the tape (Thanks to Eric W for it). I've got about 500 rounds through it and it's ready for its reliabilty run (1000 rds., no cleaning) before being certified ready for competition. Here's the rundown of major parts.

STI long dust cover frame

Caspian SS slide, 3 sided cut & lightened, extended front cocking serrations

Nowlin Bull barrel (40 S&W)

Nowlin Speed demon hammer (with polished sides)

Brown Beavertail and Safeties

Bomar sights

Dawson Fiber optic front sight (.90 width)

STI trigger blank (cut short/flat)

TNT extend mag button

EGW magwell

EGW internals

and now, for your viewing pleasure... ( I know, the pics suck, but you get the idea)

237277.jpg

237278.jpg

237279.jpg

237280.jpg

237282.jpg

Erik

Cool beans Erik! Looks like a workhorse. Good yakking with you on the phone today, btw.

[Thread Piracy Mode]

Can I assume that just about everyone wants clearance on their S_I grips for the top two screws? I plan to make some changes for before I make another run of S_I's.

[/TPM]

[Thread Piracy Mode]

Can I assume that just about everyone wants clearance on their S_I grips for the top two screws? I plan to make some changes for before I make another run of S_I's.

[/TPM]

Count me in, Eric.

I already cut mine with an old pair of belts hole-punching plyers (what's the name of this tool. BTW?).

It will give me the capability of disassembling the whole gun without having to remove the tape. ;)

I like being able to remove the grip without disturbing the tape..usually install grip tape while off the gun..then punch holes, then assemble..

oh...

Erik

nice looking gun too..

zhunter,

The actual grip tape is manufactured by EricW (If you didn't already know from this post.) I did the undercut on the grip and the trigger guard. There are several companies that can offer this service, along with many more options. Talk with Jim Shannahan at Advanced Performance Shooting. He specializes in doing this type of work. I can do the grip, if you wan't me to, but I wanted to let you know about some of the other companies out there. PM me if your still interested.

Benny,

You're much too kind, but I am looking forward to Mississippi and Jeff's match.

Erik

Erik Warren- Homer Simpson mode- "Dooah", Man I thought we were tight and you go and do me like that! My bad, I didn't mean to get my back in the way of your knife! :D

Ronnie- For the right price! It's actually being completely overhauled as we speak. I'll keep it as a backup until this one is tested and ready to run.

Religious Shooter- No, not at all. The center notch on the rear sight wasn't changed so the front/rear relationship is the same as any other Bomar setup. Even without the FO front sight, I don't think you'll have any confusion issues. You can feel when the gun is out of alignment if the front sight goes to the outside of the rear ears. This setup has helped my transitions immensely. It allows me to see the next target earlier as the rear blade doesn't block my peripheral vision.

Erik