Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my first <0.70sec draw with video proof ;)

Today was my first day out on the range with my new DAA Racer holster and my new PRP extreme trigger... I daresay my times are paying off with this new equipment.

My previous record draw was something to the tune of 0.90 seconds,

I am pretty stoked to say the least, loving this holster and loving this trigger thus far.

Draw time was 0.69 seconds, distance was 7 yards, with an A zone hit.

Anyone else out there get a new best time recently??

(DISCLAIMER: Foul language in the video, I dropped an F-bomb out of excitement, sorry :) )

Click image to watch:

th_69secDraw_zpsbcf69d75.jpg

Look, I certainly can't do that but there are a few things going on there ...

- looks like he is anticipating the timer just a hair

- he is point shooting as the gun is never raised to eye level

- no indication of what kind of hits he got

still, impressive gun handling for sure ... especially his reloads ...

Look, I certainly can't do that but there are a few things going on there ...

- looks like he is anticipating the timer just a hair

- he is point shooting as the gun is never raised to eye level

- no indication of what kind of hits he got

still, impressive gun handling for sure ... especially his reloads ...

Welcome aboard!

I second what Nimitz says.

wow, yeah that guy is fast... but definitely would've been nice to know if he was able to even stay on paper...

Anything that isn't an A zone hit for me in practice is considered a miss (I get lots of misses :) )

Oddly enough, when I moved from 7yrds to 3yrds, I still couldn't beat .69 haha, but by then we'd been shooting for awhile and I was getting tired.

- no indication of what kind of hits he got.

A Zone at 7 yards.

But, is it repeatable???

I think he was talking about the guy in the video posted below mine (the bob vogel challenge video)...

but for the record, this WAS repeatable for me. .69 was my best time of the day, the other ones hung around .72-.74 seconds :)

Edited by nitrohuck

wow, yeah that guy is fast... but definitely would've been nice to know if he was able to even stay on paper...

Anything that isn't an A zone hit for me in practice is considered a miss (I get lots of misses :) )

Oddly enough, when I moved from 7yrds to 3yrds, I still couldn't beat .69 haha, but by then we'd been shooting for awhile and I was getting tired.

I am not sure why I bothered with this but I guess since there is no match at Norco this morning, I had to do something,

I thought something looked weird so I downloaded the video and made some measurements by pasting a screen capture into Visio. I only looked at the first sequence. When the post reload shot broke ( ~ 30.02 seconds) the bore was elevated ~18 degrees using the plane of the bay floor as a reference. His weak hand was not quite on the gun yet. If the target was 7 yards away, the shot would of been somewhere near 80" above center. He gets the gun level about 0.1 second after the shot. Speedy dude but I would like to see the gent's time for 2 alphas...

I guess there's something to be said for how fast you can "just pull the trigger"... but without any accuracy whatsoever what is the point?

half the fun is seeing that hole in the A zone after you're finished!

Not to dismiss what you accomplished, but a .2 sec improvement in say a 30 sec stage time is minute. What's more relavent is cutting down your split times between targets and the second shot. Cutting down .2 sec between each target will amount to 3 sec quicker time on a 16 target stage. That's real time saved over a single .2 sec improvement in your draw time. Quicker splits and quicker target acquisition is where you really make up time.

I draw faster than a lot of the older shooters I shoot with. But they whip my a$$ with faster splits and target acquisitions.

A quick draw is only relevant in a quick draw contest, or a gun fight.

I didn't say this was going to win me any matches ;)

I was Just posting up my own personal best For others to see and hopefully others would share their own recent accomplishments as well.

I had many other personal bests yesterday, my first 4.99sec El Prez, as well as fastest times on some other drills, but the draw video was short and sweet so I posted it ;)

Indeed, transitions and splits will win you the match, along with a healthy set of legs...

A sub 5 second El Pres. is moving right along. Good job. How were your hits? I agree it's fun to keep pushing your limits on the fundamentals. I still find myself shooting like my hair is on fire on Bill Drills, the El. Pres., draws, reloads, etc. Earlier in the week I did manage to draw, fire an A, reload and get another A, with the gun coming to line of sight in right at 2 seconds. Ten years ago I could do that with a single stack until I was ankle deep in brass.

So you B and C class shooters are going to break down his video and give him crap over it

Post yours

Nice Job!!

Okay but I am not trying to one up anyone nor do I think I can with this basement dryfire video. Draw is par time at 1.00 but I am under that. It okay but it is certainly not under .7 The second is slide lock reload and are normal reload with a pair time set at 2.00.

Nice Draw!

Now the bad part. Where are your safety glasses?

Keep up the good work

Brad Metcalf

Please understand. I am not trying to criticize or demean your post in any way with my statement about safety glasses. I may be somewhat anal about that safety factor due to upbringing. If you have ever seen anyone take thier glass eye out and ask you to look in there to see what is irritating it you will understand why. It will make you want to puke.

Stay safe buddy.

Brad Metcalf

Nice Draw!

Now the bad part. Where are your safety glasses?

Keep up the good work

Brad Metcalf

Please understand. I am not trying to criticize or demean your post in any way with my statement about safety glasses. I may be somewhat anal about that safety factor due to upbringing. If you have ever seen anyone take thier glass eye out and ask you to look in there to see what is irritating it you will understand why. It will make you want to puke.

Stay safe buddy.

Brad Metcalf

No offense taken! I should've had glasses on for sure,

• 3 weeks later...

That was extremely impressive, both videos... I have to agree with the safety glasses comment though, no bueno. But I definitely was impressed. My best time for A zone hit at 7 yards is 1.1, but alas, I am but a lowly D class shooter. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

very good and way faster than mine. my only question/criticism apart from the no glasses is why you take the gun off target so fast? just seems like an odd way to practice to me. usually you'd be following up that first shot with another or a transition. it just seems to me, when doing repetitive, muscle memory building practice you should be practicing what you want to do in a match. :) I am also a lowly shooter so feel free to disregard anything I say!