Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help picking non-2011 Limited gun

I maybe late but if you wanna upgrade to a 2011 down the road I would stay away from the glocks, with it having such a different frame angle then the 2011 you'll have to relearn your grip. I would say a CZ or a M&P.

Well, I bought a G35 today.

I paid for one from a private seller and I'm expecting with fingers crossed to get a shipping tracking number Monday. It really did come down to price- The Witness Match was 50 bucks cheaper but boy are the upgrades expensive compared to the Glock. The Match comes with 1 mag vs my deal where I got a basically new G35 with 4 mags for 600. The Arredondo mag extensions are 35 bucks vs 60 for the witness. I'm looking at it like this: Glocks have to be popular for reasons bigger than their popularity with rappers and their relatively low price. It's a chance for me to give the platform a try and if it turns out I hate it, I can sell it way faster than I could a Tanfoglio. Then I'll just buy the Witness Match.

wktasz: Nice g24! Doing the hard chrome on the slide really helps with the looks. A local company, Rock Your Glock, will hard chrome my slide for $75. It's low on the needs list as far as upgrades go, but it's high on the 'wants' list. First up though is a FO front sight, grip tape and a magwell.

Roger that. I really only refinished the slide because I wanted to cover up the exposed metal after the slide machining. It's burnt bronze cerakote though on both of the guns in that photo.

Picked up the g35 and shot it for the first time today. Wow is it accurate! I dry fired it a few times and thought "what the hell is that?" You just pull until it breaks and you feel all these parts moving inside. Not a heavy pull, but just really weird. Anyway, I took it out to the Nat'l Forest right next to my house and fired a box of junk Tula ammo, just to make sure it would feed the worst ammo possible. The first 8 shots were all touching and 2" high. a slight adjustment to the rear sight and it was all bullseyes. Doubletaps were very close to eachother as well. I do need to get used to that grip angle though. initial sight picture after draw is always way off. So, I'm beginning to understand what all the Glock hoopla is about.

Question: Does my G35 gen 4 have an extended mag release, or is that only on "g35 practical tactical"? My mag release only sticks out 1/16" from the grip. I was hoping for closer to .25".

Picked up the g35 and shot it for the first time today. Wow is it accurate! I dry fired it a few times and thought "what the hell is that?" You just pull until it breaks and you feel all these parts moving inside. Not a heavy pull, but just really weird. Anyway, I took it out to the Nat'l Forest right next to my house and fired a box of junk Tula ammo, just to make sure it would feed the worst ammo possible. The first 8 shots were all touching and 2" high. a slight adjustment to the rear sight and it was all bullseyes. Doubletaps were very close to eachother as well. I do need to get used to that grip angle though. initial sight picture after draw is always way off. So, I'm beginning to understand what all the Glock hoopla is about.

Question: Does my G35 gen 4 have an extended mag release, or is that only on "g35 practical tactical"? My mag release only sticks out 1/16" from the grip. I was hoping for closer to .25".

It has both the extended slide and mag release. If you ever see a Gen3 or earlier gun you will see the difference, it is much longer (front to back), but not a ton taller. The slide lock has (assuming the first owner didn't switch it like I and many others have done) a little tab on the rear end of it as opposed to just being flat.

::ETA:: the whole practical tactical thing is just marketing, its the same gun.

Edited by Gooldylocks

Dry fire your Glock 400-500 times and the action will smooth out a good bit. When we picked up my sons 35 we did that with it and you could tell a difference from the time we left the gun smith until the time we got home it was much better. He added a Zev competition spring kit in it and really likes the way it shoots now.

For What It's Worth !

I have seen really good used PARAS, some with a lil trick work sell for $500 to $1000. Maybe take a look at one. Best I can remember 2011s came along after some PARAS hit TEXAS.

Now GLOCKS - One of my friends Ps and moans that Glocks don't fit his LIL hands, But some of his higher scores have been with my GLOCKS and my re-loads. Now ain't that GRAND.

Perry

Tonight I'm shooting my first match with the G35, pretty excited to try it out. I'm still not used to the grip angle so I'm not yet instantly finding my front sight upon draw. that'll come. I installed the Zev race connector and competition springs yesterday and wow what a difference! I've got to be careful now- I've grown so used to pulling in the take-up before I've quite got my sights dead center, but now there is no take-up, just boom! Also, the G35 is 10oz lighter than my previous pistol and follow up shots are much more challenging. I'm hoping the qualifier tonight doesn't involve 6 shots in a row on the same target. Doubletaps are manageable but I'll be slowing waay down to get through 6 shots and still be keeping track of that front sight. New sights are def. next on the mods list.

Glock 35 in .40 for Limited is good to go. You'll need a trigger, a mag well, the Carver custom front weight with accelerator pedal and their modified holster. I wouldn't waste money on a barrel. And, in my humble opinion, stippling and grip reductions are also a waste of money. The grip reduction even wrecks the gun. Glocks work because of that funny grip angle. If you want a Glock without the funny grip angle, buy an M&P.

The other option for low cost is get a 34 and shoot Limited Minor. You'll make up time with faster shot recovery and your scores won't be as bad as you'd think.

You can un-ugly them over time

bronze.jpg

Nice. I was planning on trying the same color on an FDE frame and doing the magwell too.

I went with a 35 too. I started shooting with Glock compact and hated the grip hump and was thinking about trying out an M&P for a bit, but found one for a deal and picked it up. Now, I want to figure out a way to add the grip hump to the 35.

I was going to recommend the Glock, but see you already bought it. You can make some relatively inexpensive modifications as you go. I shoot a 34 and it needed 3 things in order of importance to me: trigger, sights, magwell.

If you are a tinkerer, I highly recommend getting a glock... I'm not going to tell you shoot production or do anything you don't want to do... But I DO know that I love taking stuff apart, upgrading, and customizing... And the market for Glock stuff is massive, and there is a lot of cheap, well made stuff out there. Whatever you choose, I hope you shoot the hell out of it! Cheers.