Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 or 4 34?

OPENB

Thinking about getting a 34 for production. Should I get a Gen 3 or 4? I like the idea of the beavertail on the Gen4, but have read about some accuracy issues & other problems with them.

I like gen 4's.........I do believe I read something about gen 4's having better accuracy. Don't remember where or why though.......But my gen 4 G34 is plenty accurate and eats anything you give so no worries getting a gen 4. I think there was some issues with early model gen 4's but it's been corrected.

Edited by 3djedi

Was at a class with 2 others running Gen4's that we're having issues with slide coming off frame after firing. But these were 1st model Gen 4's. Problems were fixed right away. No issues with them anymore.

Thanks for the replies. I will hunt down a Gen 4. My only true complaint with Glocks in the past has been that I would "racetrack" my hand with a high 1911 grip. Hoping the beavertail solves that.

The Gen 4 Glocks are the best and most accurate Glocks available.

I doubt there is a difference in accuracy but I do prefer the 4th gen for several different reasons.

Quite a few shooters have found the Gen 4 Glocks to be slightly more accurate than their Gen 3 Glocks.

The Gen 4 Glocks have a better lock up compared to the Gen 3 Glocks.

I have a gen4 Glock 35 and it is significantly more accurate than my gen3 Glock 17. I shoot about 2" groups at 25 yds with the G35 and about 3-3.5" with the G17 off a rest. Stock barrels in both. I also find the Gen4 beavertail aids in establishing a more consistent grip on the draw for me.

The advantage to the gen3's is there are more aftermarket accessories. Things like magwells, seattle slug's, and trigger modifications are much more available for the gen3 Glocks. If you plan on keeping it stock though, I think the gen4 has some minor advantages that make it worth it over the gen3.

Gen 4 all the way. I got a 35 for limited and i love it. The gen 4 grip and magazine release are far superior than the gen 3 IMO. I also like the backstraps i use the medium beaver tail myself.

Thinking about getting a 34 for production. Should I get a Gen 3 or 4? I like the idea of the beavertail on the Gen4, but have read about some accuracy issues & other problems with them.

The accuracy is better with the gen 4 but I found the beaver-tail to be more of a novelty than a help. See if you can borrow someone elses for a day before jumping in. A gen 3 is cheaper and there are more parts for it.

Ive been real happy with my Gen 3 34. I have some gen 4 guns, but for some reason Ive always favored the 3s. I also like the factory mag release on the gen 3 34 and 35 better. Its actually extended out pretty nicely. The gen 4 34 and 35 use the same release as any other small frame gen 4. At least the one I had did.

If you have small to medium size hands the gen 4 is better bar none, the little bump on the gen 4 trigger bar does make the stock trigger a little less smooth but most people change the trigger out right away anyway. If you have medium to large hands the gen 3 is cheaper and has way more accessories and holsters both new and used. I use a gen 4 glock 34 and a gen 3 glock 17L I really wish glock would make a gen 4 17L so I could get the slimmer grip.