Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is the AMU team this year?

CHA-LEE

My son said they skipped Area 6 due to budget cuts :(. Not sure where he got the information from though.

There were 5 of the AMU guys in Tulsa last weekend for the 3GN match. I guess they went there instead of Area 6.

The skipped area 6 where they could win a piece of wood and a T-shirt and went to Tulsa where Daniel got a big a$$ check

945Horner%20Check%20660x340.jpg

This^^^.

I heard the same thing from another AMU shooter earlier this year.... that 3G will be taking a larger portion of his focus this year, because hanging wood on the wall doesnt buy you much.

I wonder if he gets to keep that money being in the Army? My guess is no.

My guess is yes.

When Max and KC were on the team, they got to keep any prize money they received. At least that is what they told me when I asked. My guess is the team members can still keep prize money today.

Last month Shane competed in the US Steel Nationals in Titusville, Fl.

Edited by remoandiris

Things change, even in the service! Don't know it for sure, but last I heard was that the AMU shooters are having to pay their own match fees and some other things to be able to keep the cash payouts and maybe even prize pick ups. May have been the same in years past, but there really was nothing out there paying like 3 gun is these days or prize tables like we are seeing.

Not to mention, which sport has more to offer as far as new gear, techniques and practices for use in training our soldiers? Granted it is not tactical, etc. but there has been a lot of cross over between 3 gun and military.

I keep seeing the scope/offset red dot or irons setup on sandbox footage, and AFAIK that started in 3gun. I guarantee you that in a firefight, Horner would lay down the bad guys 20-1 over anybody else in a typical squad. If I was in a bad situation I would give my left testicle to have any of the AMU guys at my back! As un-tactical as 3gun has become, there are not many soldiers who can handle their firearms with the proficiency of these guys

Things change, even in the service! Don't know it for sure, but last I heard was that the AMU shooters are having to pay their own match fees and some other things to be able to keep the cash payouts and maybe even prize pick ups. May have been the same in years past, but there really was nothing out there paying like 3 gun is these days or prize tables like we are seeing.Not to mention, which sport has more to offer as far as new gear, techniques and practices for use in training our soldiers? Granted it is not tactical, etc. but there has been a lot of cross over between 3 gun and military.

The IRS will be interested