Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon – Selling refurbished as new? (to dealers?)

I've been a Dillon customer since the early 90's, love the products, but this has now happened twice too me in the past 18 months.

#1. Purchased new CV-2001 from a Dillon Dealer in Idaho. Dillon in AZ was out of stock at the time. CV-2001 arrived in sealed box, but was very used and nasty, but with a new motor. Contacted dealer, returned on dealers dime. No issues.

#2. Last week, purchased 2 RF100's from a dealer in Virginia. Purchased from that dealer due to one day shipping to my location. Both were in sealed, stapled boxes. One was apparently a repaired unit where the threads in the base of the bowl assembly had been stripped. Mounting hole had been re-drilled to a larger size, re-tapped, and a heli-coil was installed. It didn't hold. When I opened the box, the bowl assembly had separated from the main shaft, and the heli-coil had pulled out of the newly re-tapped hole. The only thing keeping the bowl attached to the main shaft were the 2 electrical connections. Spoke to CS (Peter) at Dillon. Was told they don't sell refurbs, or do repairs in this manner. Returned to Dillon on their dime, and awaiting a new RF100 to arrive.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by 308Prepper

Obviously not yet. It's not hard to reseal a box though. Perhaps you're dealing with unscrupulous sellers. Given the experiences I've had with Dillon and their high standards, I seriously doubt that they would even consider this type of behavior.

OK sorry.

No, I have never bought a Dillon product that some "dealer" tried to pass off as new or Dillon refurbished. I also have never met anyone who has. I have also never heard of anyone else who has.

Looks like you just got terribly unlucky with your two purchases. Good thing they were Dillon Products or you might have gotten the shaft.

I seriously doubt Dillon would do this and my local Dillon dealer (AimHi Shooting Range in New Albany Ohio) would never consider doing such a thing, either. I do hope that by sending the boogered up unit to Dillon, it gives them the evidence they need to go after whoever is trying to sell junk press parts as new.

Been using Dillon products for a long time, along with most of my shooting friends. Never seen someone purchase used equipment from a dealer that was sold as repaired. I purchase from Dillon and sometimes it may be a little more but the customer service is outstanding. My 550 is close to thirty years old. In the last few years Dillon has sent replacement arms, pins and bushings along with small parts every few years.

My 550 runs smoother than it ever has still providing excellent ammo. For that reason I wouldn't buy from a dealer but Dillon direct. Newest press is a 650 and again the few issues have been handled with excellent service.

Today's world has been crazy for people in the firearms business. Took several months to get a few items from Dillon the first of last year but they did come and it's worth the wait. They handled the two RF-100's. Dillon TCB

Don't forget that there's always dishonest consumers who rather than take the time to return an item for warranty or simply replace something that they have perhaps misused and or broken that wouldn't normally be covered might buy something new, put their old used and broken shit back in the box, seal it and return it for a refund. Happens all the time...

3 replies, and yet none address my question. Sorry I wasted my time.

Moderator, feel free to close this thread.

Arent you just impatient, and petulant.

I was going to post the same thing. To answer the OP, no, it hasn't happened to me (either when buying via Brian or direct from Dillon) and i have never heard of it happening through them.

Anyone could try to dupe a dealer and return a used item as "new".

My 650 press and case cleaner came from a dealer and was 100% new. I have bought from BE and it has been new. The stuff I ordered directly from Dillon has been new. So no it has never happened to me. In fact this is the first I ever heard anyone say they got used or repaired equipment as new from a dealer.

Maybe you miss read and missed that it was used or a rebuild? If not then I certainly would not buy from those dealers again.

We do not sell any used or refurbished equipment. The very tiny quantity of returned equipment we receive is allocated to help customers who have lost equipment due to fire, flood or other natural disaster, where their insurance does not cover it.

we never have enough to fill this demand. This has nothing to do with warranty, just trying to help people out.

The very tiny quantity of returned equipment we receive is allocated to help customers who have lost equipment due to fire, flood or other natural disaster, where their insurance does not cover it.

we never have enough to fill this demand. This has nothing to do with warranty, just trying to help people out.

This is very cool and the reason why when I need something for reloading and Dillon makes it, I'll get it from Dillon!

Not reloading equipment but I purchased a set of knee pads directly from Dillon several years ago. They were used and had dried mud on them. I wouldn't have even called Dillon up as I figured they were going to get beat up anyway but I needed a couple of warranty parts anyway. The person I spoke to at Dillon said 'OK,' brushed it off, and didn't even offer a 'sorry 'bout that.'

I'd be a lot more agitated if it was reloading equipment that came in the same condition, though.

I am sure there are dealers out there that would possibly buy off of the internet and resell it as new. There are dishonest people in the gun business just like every other type of business. I would just make a note and not purchase anything from the dealers mentioned.

Posted at near 0100 and asked for closure at 0735 due to lack of reponse? Probably shouldn't call out a respected company on a respected forum until you have at least ten posts under your belt. Been dealing indirectly with Dillon since I was a kid, never a problem, never a question. I am sending in a broken powder drop for a 550 soon and look forward to being treated with respect and receiving the highest quality available.