Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 x 25 Dillon

LC66

My name is Kevin and I am new to the Forum. I am currently an active NRA High Power shooter. I am building a 1911 9 x 25 Dillon and I need a barrel. Does anyone have one laying around still?? My shooting partner said that I should ask you guys!! Thank you for any help that you might give!!

Thanks Guy! I have been having trouble finding a gunsmith that still has the reamers. The only barrel company that will make one for me is KKM, and it will have to be finished reamed. I have even called Dillon and asked if they knew a gunsmith that could help. Since I live right down the road from STI I was hopeing they could guide me in the right direction, but they didn't know anyone either. I am sure someone on here will know, or have an old one sitting around that they will want to part with....... I hope!!!

Any reason why you decided on 9x25? It's a bit of a chore for reloading and offers no real benefit over the alternatives. I used to run a shooter at local matches who had one and it was quite unpleasant for all involved. The guy who owned the gun didn't really like it and always complained about reloading and scrounging for his brass after each stage.

Edited by ltdmstr

To echo the above I have to ask why you want one? (I just want one is an excellent reason by the way) Many years ago I campaigned a 9x25 race gun. It was fast, flat (like no dot rise flat) and accurate. It was also uber loud, expensive to shoot (used almost 2x as much vit n110 as the powder I used for super, had to start with virgin 10mm brass to form it, the dies were like 120 buck or something crazy...) and it held less rounds (25 or 26 +1 if I remember correctly). Unless you are just chasing ultimate velocity in a 9mm from a 1911 style handgun then there are other calibers you should probably look at. Maybe consider a .357 sig if you just need a bottlenecked cartridge.

Edited by caspian guy

Thanks guys!! I forgot to mention that I also checked with Dawson, and I was shot down again. The main reason for this build is my shooting partner. He has been on me to get a 9mm bottom feeder for a while now, and said the 9 x 25 would be right up my alley!!! He was one of the RO's at the Dallas pistol club back in the 90's and he told me the stories!! :surprise: Ha Ha!! I recently finished my 460 Rowland 1911 that I put on a SA Range Officer, so I am kind of excited to get started on another project. Thanks again guys for the help!!

Thank You Julien!! I called STV just now and they will build me a 5" Bull barrel for 225.00. This worked out better than I planed, STV is just up the road by DFW. I wanted to say thank you to all who helped me, and hope to see ya'll at a match in central texas. Thanks again.

Load data would be great. I'm going to fit a .356 barrel to a 6" 10mm 2011 in the near future, and I've not been able to find much load data. There is some talk of 9x25 on the Glock forum but, I would like to try to verify the data is sound with as many sources as possible to ensure safety.

Thanks guys!! I forgot to mention that I also checked with Dawson, and I was shot down again. The main reason for this build is my shooting partner. He has been on me to get a 9mm bottom feeder for a while now, and said the 9 x 25 would be right up my alley!!! He was one of the RO's at the Dallas pistol club back in the 90's and he told me the stories!! :surprise: Ha Ha!! I recently finished my 460 Rowland 1911 that I put on a SA Range Officer, so I am kind of excited to get started on another project. Thanks again guys for the help!!

LC66- Did you ever consider that he might have been joking?

2400 powder. I have more info.

I ran one in open. Gun jumped the wrong way.

Yep mine recoiled downward slightly too which took some getting used to. I was using n110 or h110. N110 was best but is probably unobtanium right now as is h110. You might find some 2400. I'll track down my notes tomorrow and see what I still have for load data.

Hey Guys!! Was out of town last week. I like the fact that my original post about the 9 x 25 is still being talked about. Someone earlier asked if I considered that my friend was joking when he said that this project would be right up my alley. I am quite sure that he knows that I have a sickness about MAGNUM handguns, so if I get a 9mm, I'm going to get the biggest. I am a red blooded redneck AMERICAN!!! Thats how we Roll :roflol: