Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

I don't have direct experience with the Springer one. My assumption is that either one will get the job done. Guide rods are pretty basic but if push comes to shove I know that Bruce is the master of all things SIG so he is my first choice.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need some help...where are you putting your strong hand thumb on the slide. Mine fits best slightly under the slide stop but is locking the slide back. Bang, lock, bang, lock ? Do you put your thumb on the slide stop and hold it down or way under to not interfere...

TIA

jon

I had the problem of my thumb "almost" riding the slide stop, but it was enough that the slide would not lock back. I am migrating to a "Vogel" grip with the left hand much higher which sort of shields the slide stop - my right thumb now rides on the heel/base of left thumb eliminating the problem.

I am migrating to a "Vogel" grip with the left hand much higher which sort of shields the slide stop - my right thumb now rides on the heel/base of left thumb eliminating the problem.

Does the TDL not dig into the base of your thumb with this grip? I ask because it has when I've tried it.

Shot a p320 for the first time today. I was frankly blown away. I am a dedicated glock shooter, and have been so for 5-6 years. When my production-ready glock was outperformed by a stock, range rental p320, I began to take notice. My 25 yard group measured 2.5 inches, and bill drills from a low ready were between 1.5-1.55 (for comparison, 4 inch 25yards with stock barrel, and 1.6-1.65 bill drill with glock) . The gun tracked far more reliably and the task of shooting was just "easier". The massive slide stop is also a huge plus for me: it works great as a production legal "*thumb rest [generic]*".

It is great to see SIG finally offer a production competitive handgun.

I am migrating to a "Vogel" grip with the left hand much higher which sort of shields the slide stop - my right thumb now rides on the heel/base of left thumb eliminating the problem.

Does the TDL not dig into the base of your thumb with this grip? I ask because it has when I've tried it.

I have this problem but I think it is technique error on my part allowing the gun to jump to much.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished shooting the 2015 Bushmaster/Tarheel 3 Gun Championship in North Carolina and am very happy to report that the P320 turned out to be a very capable 3 Gun pistol for me. This one has had all of Bruce Gray's work done to it, along with full grip texturing (done by me), and some Springer Precision extensions with modified CZC TS springs and followers. Coming from a CZ platform it was very refreshing not having to worry about a DQ from a safety coming off in a dump barrel. I can only dream of my shotgun running half as well. Word on the street is that Robin Taylor is working on some slightly longer extensions that will still be under the 141mm limit so I am hoping at my next multigun match I will be running around 23+ rounds instead of the 21 which took a lot of work to achieve.

Any updates on the rear sight options?

What are you using for a front sight? Thickness and height?

My Gray Guns rear has a Dawson .100 width and .230 tall. This sight is my favorite so far. Nice deep notch and very sharp sight picture. I have a Heinie on another gun that has a Dawson .100W .250T.

I just picked up a P320 today. I'm getting a 8lb trigger pull on my Lyman, is that normal?

Mine have started out around 7.5 pulling from the center and straight back. I have seem them lighten up with dry/live fire by at least a pound or so. My competition gun now pulls 3.5lb from the center of the trigger pulling straight back and ignites all primers with authority.

Good to know thanks alma, I just filled out a work order to have some work done by Gray Guns. I would love to have a 3.5lb trigger pull. The barrel fit on my 320 is as tight as on my X5, I'm psyched!

Alma, 0.100 seems really narrow, am I missing something? How wide is your front sight? My stick rear notch is like 0.153?

That's a pretty common size for Dawson front sights. Because you can see more around it a narrower front sight is usually a bit faster. If you are playing an accuracy intensive game you may want a slightly wider front sight.

e8zV9a1l.jpg

Edited by alma