Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EXACTLY !!! Shipping costs both ways to send my gun to Bruce Gray for a Trigger Job ??? Just make the parts and sell the Kits, I'll install it myself.

The kits are currently scheduled for sometime this summer.

My P320 will be here tomorrow, was hoping for a self install kit, but may send it off to Bruce to install Dawson adjustable rear sights and do the competition trigger job. gonna shoot it awhile before I spend money to ship it off. Not to happy with the wait time either. Was hoping this gun would be a replacement for my accu-shadow. Need to see if I can get some Ransom Rest inserts for it too so I can truly test it out.

So, is replacing the slide with another not just like the factory profile (internal or external) USPSA Production legal? Not sure, just curious.

In any case, these guns will move, if the instructions on how to do a 25 cent trigger job were more readily available on the inter-web. As well as having after market sight options readily available that did not require replacement of the slide (yes I know they are coming). Maybe basic replacement springs Etc. to do the lighter trigger. Just seems like most of the info/know how is being funneled through a couple outlets for now. More power to them, but I would like to do it myself like I can for a Glock.

Make these items/info accessible to the DIY shade tree guy to get running for competition and sales will soar. Mine is sitting in its box til I get all of that figured out. I want to put sights on it, tune the trigger, and go shoot it.

EXACTLY !!! Shipping costs both ways to send my gun to Bruce Gray for a Trigger Job ??? Just make the parts and sell the Kits, I'll install it myself. 175 bucks for sights ?? I don't need Bruce to sight in my gun. Sell his sights like Sevigny does with the fiber optic front and i'll get a sight pusher and do it myself.. These guys are so backed up with work because they want it that way.. Quit the BS and sell your stuff to the DIY.. Geez, it's not like i'm rebuilding a automatic transmission...

Speaking of sight pusher anyone know of a P320 sight tool on the market yet?

A sight pusher is not needed but sure is easier. Also when you need to make small tweaks for windage its easier to move it a few thousands with a 1/4 or 1/2 turn. I have the MGW Sight pusher for my Glocks, i've put a few on with a punch but i'm done doing that again.

Edited by bigtimelarry

This is my first Sig, (been competing with Glocks for years) where do you get maintenance parts. Ya know, all the pins, clips & springs for the trigger & slide. I get all my Glock stuff from Midway but they don't show any parts for the P320.

Is a sight pusher really needed? When I have purchased sights from Dawson, they have always come with a punch.

If one isn't careful it's possible to damage tritium vials when using a punch. I was just reminded of this first hand while adjusting the front sight on my P320 last week. I have an MGW for the classic series (Sig) guns and as others noted, it's a much more seamless means of doing the job.

t

I shot my P320 today with Springer guide rod, 14# Wolff 1911 spring, and Remington UMC ammo. MUCH LESS SNAPPY! Shot controlled pairs, six shot rhythm drills, slow aimed fire, etc... Much faster shot to shot, recoil management better, follow up, and all that. Its going to be fast on steel. I'm going to run it, as is, for the spring/summer/fall and then possibly evaluate for some work. All of my peers love it, and we are Sig snobs with hundreds of thousands of rounds down range on several Sig/Glock/1911 platforms. We can't wait for some enterprising plastics guru to make a flared magwell lower for it (maybe without rail).

Thanks Alma. Do you know if the Springer and the GGI are basically the same dimensions, because i see the GGI is FAT Rod

also can you use ISMI recoil springs or just Wolff.. GGI is out of stock, just wondered if i should wait for the GGI SS Rod or just get the Springer.

Edited by bigtimelarry

Thanks Alma. Do you know if the Springer and the GGI are basically the same dimensions, because i see the GGI is FAT Rod

also can you use ISMI recoil springs or just Wolff.. GGI is out of stock, just wondered if i should wait for the GGI SS Rod or just get the Springer.

They look similar. You can use Wolff or ISMI springs.

Just to make sure there isn't confusion. The GGI and Springer guide rods are sized to utilize 1911 recoil springs. Pretty much any 1911 spring will work, pick your favorite. I've used ISMI and Wolff for years. When you put the spring in, it may be too long. Remember the spring was not meant for a Sig, but is being used in one. You may (probably) will have to cut the spring shorter. There's lots of info on here about making sure the spring fits in 1911's. A lot of times they need to be cut even with 1911's. If the spring isn't cut the coils stack up and that's what stops the rearward travel. Not the mechanical means the gun was designed to use. You can also cause malfunctions if the slide doesn't have a full range of motion.

Short version is assemble the gun without the spring in place. Pull the slide all the way back and mark how far it goes back. I just use a pencil for this and put a small mark on the slide in line with something on the frame. Next assemble with the spring and pull the slide back. If the mark lines up great. If not, cut a coil off the front of the spring. Keep trying until it lines up again.

Great tip. Thank you. I still need to play with spring tuning. I dropped in a Wolff 13lb and have been happily plinking away with good results so far but need to optimize.

Edited by alma

Just to make sure there isn't confusion. The GGI and Springer guide rods are sized to utilize 1911 recoil springs. Pretty much any 1911 spring will work, pick your favorite. I've used ISMI and Wolff for years. When you put the spring in, it may be too long. Remember the spring was not meant for a Sig, but is being used in one. You may (probably) will have to cut the spring shorter. There's lots of info on here about making sure the spring fits in 1911's. A lot of times they need to be cut even with 1911's. If the spring isn't cut the coils stack up and that's what stops the rearward travel. Not the mechanical means the gun was designed to use. You can also cause malfunctions if the slide doesn't have a full range of motion.

Short version is assemble the gun without the spring in place. Pull the slide all the way back and mark how far it goes back. I just use a pencil for this and put a small mark on the slide in line with something on the frame. Next assemble with the spring and pull the slide back. If the mark lines up great. If not, cut a coil off the front of the spring. Keep trying until it lines up again.

Thanks for that info Chuck. I will measure it and clip off whats needed. I wish someone did it already and could post the OAL of the spring. I wonder if the GGI Recoil rods when you buy it with the spring are cut and ready to go..

Great tip. Thank you. I still need to play with spring tuning. I dropped in a Wolff 13lb and have been happily plinking away with good results so far but need to optimize

Which Guide Rod do you have ?

I have the GGI one but from the pictures the Springer looks identical.