Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks ClayK. I guess I am not familiar enough to know the difference, yet. should probably wait until I pick it up and check it out compared to the pictures offered in this post...

post-36732-142566092822_thumb.jpg

Stock on the right (captured)

Stainless 1911 FAT guide rod (middle) and 1911 spring (left)

ahhhh, I get the "captured" part now. Picture very helpful. It means the spring is captured on the rod, if I have it, or see it correctly?

Are you familiar with the P320 40 full size spring strength? Looks like to me that some factory Winchester ammo I have would be a Pf of about 177, which I would hope that the stock spring was design to handle. An,d if I were to reduce my own ammo's Pf to about 135ish then the stock spring would be to strong causing the slide to not cycle correctly and/ or slam home, and/ or cycle slowly...

Edited by usa259

ahhhh, I get the "captured" part now. Picture very helpful. It means the spring is captured on the rod, if I have it, or see it correctly?

Are you familiar with the P320 40 full size spring strength? Looks like to me that some factory Winchester ammo I have would be a Pf of about 177, which I would hope that the stock spring was design to handle. An,d if I were to reduce my own ammo's Pf to about 135ish then the stock spring would be to strong causing the slide to not cycle correctly and/ or slam home, and/ or cycle slowly...

Correct, the Recoil Spring is captured on the Recoil Spring Guide in the stock version.

Not 100% familiar with the .40S&W Full Size spring strength, I'm guessing it's probably green? If you are running a .40S&W in a minor PF, you could swap that assembly out for the 9mm version (white, I think). Or, you could get the 1911 FAT guide rod and tune/change the springs out to what you like/want.

Thanks ClayK. I guess I am not familiar enough to know the difference, yet. should probably wait until I pick it up and check it out compared to the pictures offered in this post...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1425660926.651999.jpg

What is the stock spring weight? I ordered the Springer Precision guide rod and would like to know what spring I'm starting with.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1425660926.651999.jpg

What is the stock spring weight? I ordered the Springer Precision guide rod and would like to know what spring I'm starting with.

Stock is pretty strong, I think 20# (but I'm not 100% positive)

With the 1911 rod, I've run a 15# and a 14#. I'm waiting on a set of tuning springs to come in 11-15#. I've heard that the 13# is the sweet spot, but I can't confirm yet.

ClayK,

To confirm you trying these different spring configurations in a P320 full size for the 9mm? Is there a Pf load you are using?

Thank you!

Yes.

Current load is a 147gr Ibejihead loaded to 1.15, with 2.9-3.0gr Titegroup. PF is 130ish (128-134)

well, thanks to all of you and more, i placed an order for a P320 as well. i was (and am) a Glock fan, but i do like what time and design have come up with for the P320. i also find that the P226 and 1911 simply point better for me than my Glocks. i DO like that as a civillian i could take a Glock Armorer Course pretty easily, and they were offered all over the country and in my area. i wish more gun MFR's would follow suit. seems to me that when it comes to firearms, more knowledge is good knowledge. in any event, i am looking forward to the P320, and if it shoots anything like my P226 Elite SAO i will be quite satisfied.

can't wait to get my P320. got a KILLER deal on it with 2 extra 17 rnd magazines.

Edited by vactor

I took my P320 to the range today. It points well, and hits right where I want it to. The only thing that has to be done is the trigger pull. It has very little take up and a short reset but it is heavy. I think I'm going to keep shooting my M&P Pro for now and arrange for it to go to Gray Guns and get the Competition Action Package work done to it.

ClayK,

To confirm you trying these different spring configurations in a P320 full size for the 9mm? Is there a Pf load you are using?

Thank you!

Yes.

Current load is a 147gr Ibejihead loaded to 1.15, with 2.9-3.0gr Titegroup. PF is 130ish (128-134)

What is a lbejihead?

I noticed in the video it mentions one of the safeties is to prevent it from firing when out of battery. The review from Mas Ayoob(spelling?) he mentions the gun has the ability to fire when pressed up against someone and it is pushed out of battery.

I noticed in the video it mentions one of the safeties is to prevent it from firing when out of battery. The review from Mas Ayoob(spelling?) he mentions the gun has the ability to fire when pressed up against someone and it is pushed out of battery.

I think what Mas was referring to was that neither the barrel nor slide extend beyond the dust cover, which will prevent it from going out-of-battery when pressed into an object (i.e. bad guy).

I'm wondering if this is (or anticipated as) a requirement of the MHS trials, as the top of the Beretta APX slide is angled rearward, at the front, taking this idea an additional step. Just speculation on my part...

Edited by incogneato

What brand 1911 springs are you guys using? ISMI, Wolff,...other? In my experience the ISMI springs always felt lighter than the Wolff even though they were the same rated pounds.

Edited by BASE772

I think what Mas was referring to was that neither the barrel nor slide extend beyond the dust cover, which will prevent it from going out-of-battery when pressed into an object (i.e. bad guy).

I'm wondering if this is (or anticipated as) a requirement of the MHS trials, as the top of the Beretta APX slide is angled rearward, at the front, taking this idea an additional step. Just speculation on my part...

That could be, the APX does have kind of a goofy look with that angle there, so maybe there is a reason for it.

When dry firing I have pushed my 320 out of battery and it seems to kind of force itself back into battery when you pull the trigger. Anyone else try this? I suppose this really isn't all that relevant for a competition situation.

So, is replacing the slide with another not just like the factory profile (internal or external) USPSA Production legal? Not sure, just curious.

In any case, these guns will move, if the instructions on how to do a 25 cent trigger job were more readily available on the inter-web. As well as having after market sight options readily available that did not require replacement of the slide (yes I know they are coming). Maybe basic replacement springs Etc. to do the lighter trigger. Just seems like most of the info/know how is being funneled through a couple outlets for now. More power to them, but I would like to do it myself like I can for a Glock.

Make these items/info accessible to the DIY shade tree guy to get running for competition and sales will soar. Mine is sitting in its box til I get all of that figured out. I want to put sights on it, tune the trigger, and go shoot it.

EXACTLY !!! Shipping costs both ways to send my gun to Bruce Gray for a Trigger Job ??? Just make the parts and sell the Kits, I'll install it myself. 175 bucks for sights ?? I don't need Bruce to sight in my gun. Sell his sights like Sevigny does with the fiber optic front and i'll get a sight pusher and do it myself.. These guys are so backed up with work because they want it that way.. Quit the BS and sell your stuff to the DIY.. Geez, it's not like i'm rebuilding a automatic transmission...

Edited by bigtimelarry