Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want a thumb safety model if they ever offer them to the civilian world. I love my P320's, I own three of them. But I've been shooting 1911's for almost thirty years and a thumb safety just feels right to me.

The new slide release and flat takedown lever are shipping on new guns. You can also call SIG directly to order these parts if desired.

https://www.recoilsports.com/2015/12/new-features-of-the-sig-sauer-p320/

Alma, just to confirm, these new guns are in the wild?

I noticed they revised the frame as well which is pretty neat, ie the fence around the new slide stop.

The new slide release and flat takedown lever are shipping on new guns. You can also call SIG directly to order these parts if desired.

https://www.recoilsports.com/2015/12/new-features-of-the-sig-sauer-p320/

Alma, just to confirm, these new guns are in the wild?

I noticed they revised the frame as well which is pretty neat, ie the fence around the new slide stop.

Yes, the author of the article bought a new Full size 9mm and that's how it came from the factory.

I just bought a new P320 on the 8th (Dec) and it came with the new slide release lever, but still had the older style take down lever.

The following day I pulled it apart to clean and lube. My daughters goofy puppy decided to take the takedown lever. After two hours of searching I said screw it and ordered a new one from Sig.

The one I received is the new flat style.

The grip module on the new pistol has different molding by the slide release. I'm not sure the older large slide release will fit this new grip module.

I will check it on my older P320 (bought in Oct).

If you guys think the old style slide release hurts your thumb, try stepping on it :goof: . Of course I found it 5 minutes after I had a shipping confirmation from SIG.

Sorry was going to add more but some how managed to post.

My older pistol is wearing a large grip, the newer one still has the medium factory grip. I did look at the older medium and it has the same molding as my large.

This is something to be aware of if you have the larger slide release levers. as newer modules may not fit correctly.

Although it looks like a quick fix with a file / dremel ect.

Steven t: I dont have a problem with the take down lever, that would merely be an asthetic thing for me, but the slide release would be an improvement to me. I have on occasions had the palm of my support hand push the slide release up and lock the slide back mid stage. I grip that b*.ch as high as possible.

Will be interesting to see what Sig does with the 320 in the future.

Competiton ready models.

A slim compact single stack version would be cool.

Hoping they Legion Series the 320 too.

Edited by BASE772

Competiton ready models.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the new stainless grip module!

:-D

Competiton ready models.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the new stainless grip module!

:-D

That will be the 50oz model that's on the Production list. :)

Steven t: I dont have a problem with the take down lever, that would merely be an asthetic thing for me, but the slide release would be an improvement to me. I have on occasions had the palm of my support hand push the slide release up and lock the slide back mid stage. I grip that b*.ch as high as possible.

I also grip as high as possible But my short little fingers make the slide the slide stop a non issue (lol) . I have large palms and short fingers so I don't hit the slide stop. Sorry I guess my answer is that the slimmer slide release is probably going to work for you, it works fine for me with short fingers and big palms. I have adjusted my grip to work with M&Ps Sig SP2022's and Beretta M9's and the slimmer release works as well as the old style. Hope this helps.

Started and finished all 22 pages in one sitting. Played with a full size 9mm at the local toy store, like other said, heavy, but good trigger.

Looking to jump back to production, might be the ticket.

I'll be at SHOT show, so hopefully we will find out more soon! Also, if Sig is listening, please don't release something super awesome at SHOT, then not have it available until July/August. The Alaska outdoor shooting season is too short to waste! I want to give them my money, I just hope I don't have to wait 6+ months (if the long slide/Max/target version comes out.)

Started and finished all 22 pages in one sitting. Played with a full size 9mm at the local toy store, like other said, heavy, but good trigger.

Looking to jump back to production, might be the ticket.

I'll be at SHOT show, so hopefully we will find out more soon! Also, if Sig is listening, please don't release something super awesome at SHOT, then not have it available until July/August. The Alaska outdoor shooting season is too short to waste! I want to give them my money, I just hope I don't have to wait 6+ months (if the long slide/Max/target version comes out.)

I will be at the SIG booth on Tuesday. Swing by and say hi.