Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

EEH

My mailman loves his stuff almost as much as I do. He's the only one I've ordered from who tapes the hell out of the box instead of just taping the main seam on the top and bottom. Before ordering from him, it was a given that the case would split open, and I'd receive half of my bullets in one of those USPS plastic bins...so I'd have to count to make sure I actually got my whole order.

My mailman loves his stuff almost as much as I do. He's the only one I've ordered from who tapes the hell out of the box instead of just taping the main seam on the top and bottom. Before ordering from him, it was a given that the case would split open, and I'd receive half of my bullets in one of those USPS plastic bins...so I'd have to count to make sure I actually got my whole order.

Black Bullets also does this now just received my order from them and it took me a good 5 min to get through all the stupid tape.

Black Bullets also does this now just received my order from them and it took me a good 5 min to get through all the stupid tape.

A knife solves that problem quite nicely, while if it were not taped well, you'd be talking about stupid lack of tape, no? ;)

I will never complain about someone shipping something well-packed and intended to ensure it makes it to me successfully.

Those plastic seam-sealed annoying packages, however.... ;)

That's better than finding a trail of bullets up the driveway when you get home (delivery last week). Maybe that was the only way the USPS employee could find their way back to the truck? :unsure:

A knife solves that problem quite nicely, while if it were not taped well, you'd be talking about stupid lack of tape, no? ;)

I will never complain about someone shipping something well-packed and intended to ensure it makes it to me successfully.

No Im talking so much tape it took that long WITH a knife lol

Add knife sharpener or machete ( :D ) to Xmas list NOW? :)

Question for anyone loading Donnie's 124-147gr bullets.

How long do they let you run in 'standard' (non-throated/reamed) pistol barrels vs others?

My Glock will eat nearly anything, but I'm shooting my PPQ lately, and it has a relatively short (and stepped) chamber, seemingly fairly close to the CZ75s in acceptable OALs.

For MG 124gr JHPs, I need to run them at 1.065", SNS new 125gr RNs at 1.085, and BBI 125gr 'RNFP' (not sure which he calls them, but they're kind of a rounded off flat point) at no longer than 1.08".

This isn't too bad, but the only RNs I've come across I can load out to ~1.15" or longer are Xtreme plated 124gr RNs, and Hornady FMJs to date..

I've got a bunch of Xtremes loaded up to test next weekend, but meanwhile am hoping to come across a Hi-Tek coated bullet that works out well for me.

Add knife sharpener or machete ( :D ) to Xmas list NOW? :)

Brand New benchmade I just got in late week :surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:

Question for anyone loading Donnie's 124-147gr bullets.

How long do they let you run in 'standard' (non-throated/reamed) pistol barrels vs others?

My Glock will eat nearly anything, but I'm shooting my PPQ lately, and it has a relatively short (and stepped) chamber, seemingly fairly close to the CZ75s in acceptable OALs.

For MG 124gr JHPs, I need to run them at 1.065", SNS new 125gr RNs at 1.085, and BBI 125gr 'RNFP' (not sure which he calls them, but they're kind of a rounded off flat point) at no longer than 1.08".

This isn't too bad, but the only RNs I've come across I can load out to ~1.15" or longer are Xtreme plated 124gr RNs, and Hornady FMJs to date..

I've got a bunch of Xtremes loaded up to test next weekend, but meanwhile am hoping to come across a Hi-Tek coated bullet that works out well for me.

In my Stock II the OAL I'm using right now is 1.120 and in my Glock 34 I ran 1.130. Both 147s. I loaded 135s for my 34 before switching to 147s at 1.130 with no problems, Tanfo barrel just a little tighter. I love the 147s

Sent from my flux capacitor

I have Bayou orders shipped to my work. My mailman hates me when I order Bayou. :-) I keep telling her to come in first and get me but she tells me I'm not allowed to touch anything inside PO truck. So now I have her come in first and grab one of our carts. We're friends again.

I have Bayou orders shipped to my work. My mailman hates me when I order Bayou. :-) I keep telling her to come in first and get me but she tells me I'm not allowed to touch anything inside PO truck. So now I have her come in first and grab one of our carts. We're friends again.

My mail lady is more than happy to let me get the heavy boxes off her truck is when I'm home.

My mail lady has never brought a case of bullets to my door. I get the "green slip" instead.

At the post office they all know who I am. When I walk in, they see me and wave me around to a side door to get my case of bullets. The only benefit here is I rarely have to stand in line. If I go more than a month between cases of bullets they ask me where I've been :)

I load for myself and my two sons (all USPSA shooters) so I'm going through quite a bit of lead. I have a love/hate relationship with the USPS flat rate boxes... Love the price, hate the service, but bullet prices would be much higher without it.

FYI, my process with Donny at Bayou Bullets is that I send him an email when I'm ready for a case of bullets. He gives me a call when they're ready to ship to get payment info (usually 2-5 days) and I wait for my "green slip".

• 3 months later...

I ordered 32,000 one time. I was home at the time & went out to the truck, was told that me order was left at the post office.... it's to heavy & to many boxes. Got the green slip. When I went to the post office I asked for the Post Master, they get paid to deliver as long as the box is under 70lb. After my talk with the Post Master, My bullet orders are delivered to my door.