Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC Frame Weight

troupe

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

The only thing i know about that holster is from looking at this picture. It looks like you would have a remove material where the weight would sit and the gun is all the way in the holster and when the gun is being removed. That area looks made of metal and more important than the area you remove in the racer

http://img-2013.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/24/ude7y5ar.jpg

The only thing i know about that holster is from looking at this picture. It looks like you would have a remove material where the weight would sit and the gun is all the way in the holster and when the gun is being removed. That area looks made of metal and more important than the area you remove in the racer

http://img-2013.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/24/ude7y5ar.jpg

Thanks, I like the idea of the weight, but hate the idea of grinding on race holster, The Ghost holster seems like one of the better options, but I already have the 014. I may need to think about this a little longer. Of course I have seen more guys running flashlights on Ltd guns lately, and holster are readily available. But the SJC weight just seems more suitable to USPSA.

d6c4374847176615e18906e6f2ae508e.jpg

I got this cr speed knock off for my airsoft a while back and it actually works really well with the real glock, u can only pull up to get the gun out so u dont have to worry about accidently bump it forward and the gun falls off, and also NO MOD NEEDED for the frame weight.

Question for the weight, does mine looks installed right? Cus the end towards the trigger is higher than the other end, I test fired it for around 100rds and it was fine.

If you over tighten the set screws it will pull the weight down like that. What most of us have found is to install the weight, using a small drill bit that does not touch the threads on the weight, drill a small amount of metal out of the aluminum bracket in each hole just enough to let the head of the set screws get a good bite. Using a drop of blue Loctite on each degreased set screw just run the screw up until the nose of the set screw just snugs up but do not tighten. This will hold the weight securely into place and not pull it out of level. If you run them up too tight it will pull the front of the weight down like yours, if you don't drill the little divots in the plate the weight will eventually come off even with Loctite. You may have already done this as I believe the new instructions now come explaining all this and if you did just take it back off, straighten the plate and re-install just snugging up the screws to keep it level.

d6c4374847176615e18906e6f2ae508e.jpg

I got this cr speed knock off for my airsoft a while back and it actually works really well with the real glock, u can only pull up to get the gun out so u dont have to worry about accidently bump it forward and the gun falls off, and also NO MOD NEEDED for the frame weight.

Question for the weight, does mine looks installed right? Cus the end towards the trigger is higher than the other end, I test fired it for around 100rds and it was fine.

What is the brand name and model of the holster?

1769dbcc95e0fc1f43a9bc5b2f8dcd11.jpg

I guess WSM is the brand name. I bought it at a airsoft store when I was in Hong Kong. It looks very similar to those ipsc holstets u see on ebay.

Oh actually u do need to modify it, but not for the frame weight. the glock trigger guard is too wide for the holster so I just used a dremal on it to make it wider, it also comes with shims u can put on for different widths of the trigger guard.

Edited by blackiechan

Ok, thank you.

I have an old M3 light that I filled with lead shot and I think that will be better for me for now since I don't have any desire to switch to a race holster right now.

As far as using the weight in conjunction with a mag well... would I be better off staying with a lighter magwell to keep the weight up front on the gun?

If you already had one i would stick with it. weight at the front of the gun (frame weight) and the back of the gun ( magwell) are both going to help reduce muzzle flip.Its all just personal preference.

Im currently using SJC's light magwell because i liked the opening. If i had a chance to switch for free I would like to try the heavy one, but it isnt such a big deal im going to spend 150 on it. With loaded big sticks the gun balances well.

I don't have a magwell yet, looking to buy now. I was hoping the TTI one would be ready but they're saying another six weeks. I'd like to have it soon so I can get ready for the classifier matches next month.

I don't have a magwell yet, looking to buy now. I was hoping the TTI one would be ready but they're saying another six weeks. I'd like to have it soon so I can get ready for the classifier matches next month.

The TTI mag wells for Gen 3 were in stock as of several days ago. I have one on the way. Currently only available in brass, I haven't seen when or if they will be offering any other colors.

Are you referring to the Gen 4 that is 6 weeks out?

• 1 year later...

I have one of the RedHill Tactical holsters.  While I'm appreciative that they even make a holster for the sjc weight, it holds the pistol very loosely.  It has the retention of a bucket, so no running with it.  For most uspsa stages it's fine.

what I'd really like to see is a company make a weight the same size of a surefire XC1.

I just spoke with red hill tactical yesterday and they are making a custom glock 17l holster with frame weight and retention for me.  That way I can run it in 3 gun with retention and slide the retention down for uspsa.  No one makes a Glock 17l mold so it will stick out a little bit but he was super fast at responding and willing to make a custom order even during the Christmas rush.  Seems like a great company.  I'll report back how it goes.

10 hours ago, JBOT5000 said:

I just spoke with red hill tactical yesterday and they are making a custom glock 17l holster with frame weight and retention for me.  That way I can run it in 3 gun with retention and slide the retention down for uspsa.  No one makes a Glock 17l mold so it will stick out a little bit but he was super fast at responding and willing to make a custom order even during the Christmas rush.  Seems like a great company.  I'll report back how it goes.

If you have retention on your holster, you must use it in USPSA.

Oh shoot didn't know that!  No problem I've been shooting from retention for the last 12 years.  Or I'll just unscrew the hood and voila retention gone!  Thanks for the heads up though I appreciate it, guess I better read my rule book again lol

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2014 at 9:20 PM, bowenbuilt said:

I received mine on Saturday and installed it just before practice. Yes, this thing works like a charm! It makes a big difference in the amount of muzzle flip when shooting at 170 PF. I will have to get used to the extra weight but I really like the way the gun feels with it installed.

Glock2.jpg

Glock1.jpg

How does the weight keep from sliding off?