Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci Extended Tactical Bolt Catch, Bolt Handle, Safety

DJirasek

Hello all. I would like to hear from those who currently own, plan to own, or even just contemplating owning a Benelli Vinci or Super Vinci. We are currently developing an extended Bolt Catch, Bolt Handle, and Safety for the Vinci. I know i have heard so many people asking about them and have been seeing more and more of the Vinci models on the racks at matches. I personally shoot a Vinci and am in love. If you fall into one of the categories above please reply with whether or not you would be interested and if one of the three items is more appealing please specify that as well.

Thanks!!!!

Edited by DJirasek

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm interested. What are you planning for the bolt release?

Its still under design but I noticed when reaching over with my weak hand to slide in my match saver round and close bolt that its tough to hit that release mainly due to it being small and it does not protrude out far so you really have to mash it in almost flush with the frame. So we are going to alleviate that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running my Vinci for a year and am completely in love. Have not had one failure and the recoil is so smooth and straight back that I believe you can shoot faster with this shotgun than any other. The opening of the reloading port was so easy to do on my own which saved me the $200 that a shop would have cost me to do the work. Anyone with a dremmel or similar tool (one friend used hand files only) can do this work. The extension tubes from Roth are great and Nordic is supposed to be releasing theirs soon. The lack of other upgraded parts has been a frustration which is what led to our launching into this project to develop some. On a final note... when I got this Vinci I decided I wanted to see how often cleaning was necessary (the 930 pro I had before was a nightmare to clean and had to be done every 200-250 rounds to keep it running). To date I have cleaned NOTHING but the bore on this gun... 14-15 matches and thousands of rounds!! I am blown away and cannot recommend the Vinci or Super Vinci enough.

I bought a Vinci last last night at a charity auction and will be looking for upgraded parts. I love my M2 and have been intrigued by the engineering design behind the Vinci.

Welcome to the club - you'll love it. Mine just finished up its first brutal waterfowl season, and the switch back to competition mode was as simple as cranking the RCI tube back in (I actually did that in time for Arkansas Snow conservation season). I feel pretty unnatural holding anything else after hunting/shooting pretty much nothing but an 870 my entire life.

I love my Vinci but am looking for a solution to a serious problem: it short-strokes on low-recoil slugs (1300fps and under) when running the heavy 10rd RCI (Roth) tube. (It functions outstandingly with even the cheapest birdshot, strangely enough. It also runs these low-power slugs fine when I put the original 3rd OEM tube back in, lowering the overall weight of the gun.) The result is that it shoves the empty hull back into the chamber, and I have to manually rack the bolt after each slug shot.

So, the solution is to go with the Benelli Vinci Speed Bolt which is HEAVIER than the standard bolt due to tungsten inserts. (Heavier may seem incorrect, but due to the inertia action, increasing the mass of the bolt keeps it closed longer, forcing more energy to be stored in the inertia spring, which allows lighter loads to unlock and open the bolt.)

But getting one of these Speed Bolts has been tough. I have the part number, but Benelli won't sell it to me direct, and none of the retailers Benelli pointed me to seems to be interested in special-ordering it for me.

SO! What I would like to see is a HEAVIER bolt handle to emulate the tungsten inserts in the Speed Bolt. A bolt handle that sticks out roughly the same as the original but weighs more would be awesome. (I don't like the huge bolt handles that stick out a lot more than the OEM one--I've accidentally struck the edges of barricades with such handles, causing seriously-un-fun malfunctions to clear.)

In the interim, I'll be switching back to my M2, even though I much prefer the Vinci, just because it can cycle the low-recoil slugs. As soon as I can get the Vinci to cycle these low-recoil slugs, it becomes my go-to shotgun again.

Yes, I could always run higher-power slugs, but I am a skinny guy, and regular slugs are brutal on my shoulder. They lead to a nasty flinch that defeats the accuracy needed for slug shots.

---

I would definitely buy an extended safety and a heavier bolt handle. I would not buy the bolt release.

Edited by dchang0

That problem sounds very strange. My Vinci cycles the low recoil slugs along with everything else and that is with the extended tube. The new bolt handle will be both larger and heavier. Everyone seems to want it at least a little larger.

Sounds like the same series of events that led me to making parts for the Stoeger M3000. It is awesome that we have so many manufacturing oriented members who want to support the products that work for them! This forum is an awesome place to be! I would recommend if you are intending to market to forum members that you contact Brian about becoming a Vendor and getting your own vendor page down below. That way you are giving back to the community that supports you, and won't get kicked out for guerilla marketing :). It is well worth the cost!

Tom

I have the same if issue with my SuperVinci. Let me know if you find a solution.

I wouldn't be too interested in a bolt handle or bolt release. But if there is an option for a safety that will extend back into the trigger opening a little, I'd definitely be interested. One thing I don't like about my Super Vinci is the safety location. My trigger finger can disengage the safety with a little bump when starting a stage on the M2. My trigger finger length and my grip on the SuperVinci makes it difficult to quickly disengage the safety and start shooting. I quickly end up with a callous between my knuckles on my trigger finger where it rubs the receiver.

That problem sounds very strange. My Vinci cycles the low recoil slugs along with everything else and that is with the extended tube. The new bolt handle will be both larger and heavier. Everyone seems to want it at least a little larger.

Lucky! Some other Vinci owners have reported the same problem with low-recoil slugs short-stroking that I have.

A little larger is okay by me. How much heavier in grams are we talking about? It would be awesome if you could make an extended bolt handle that takes screw-in or snap-in inserts so that we can fill it up with a solid tungsten plug or leave it empty and light (for those of us who want a lighter overall bolt weight for the really, really, really light loads).

It would be interesting experiment. I think the bolt handle might have issues of breaking with all that weight. That is a violent action. I have heard of other shotgun models breaking bolt handles, and had to be lightened.

I would call Benelli and see what they have to say. If they say use heavier loads, I would say send me a speedbolt. Send it back?

I have the 24" without the speedbolt. Runs Remington Reduced Recoil 100% but will have a problem one out of ten times with Fiochi low recoil. I think they are at that 1150 fps range. Mine also runs the Federal Walmart Bulk pack 1200 fps ammo just fine. My sons M2 runs the same Fiochi low recoil perfectly. Mine seems to need that 1200 fps limit on all of the shells.