Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gear storage

CarRacer

As I've started to accumulate gear for shooting multi gun this year, I'm wondering what the popular ways are to store the gear when you're not using it. Bins seem decent but may suck for organizing and end up with me just dumping stuff in after a match.

Thanks.

I keep all my stuff in plastic storage bins separated by gun (rifle, shotgun, handgun). I have another bin for misc range equipment like eye/ear pro, times, etc. The shotgun bin is by far the fullest with all the caddies, tubes and other parts needed.

I have a dedicated long gun case for 3gun (a drag bag with backpack straps), a dedicated small bag for my Hm rifle mags and ammo, a dedicated small bag for my .223 rifle mags and ammo, a dedicated pistol bag (old shooters connection bag) and another bag for shotgun shells. All of my rifle spare parts, rangefinder, slings, choke tubes, etc. stay in the long gun bag, all pistol parts stay in the pistol bag. When match time comes around, I just put the guns in the bag and grab the appropriate ammo bag for the guns and go. I don't use a cart at matches, so I just put what I need out of the ammo bags in the long gun bag at the truck and carry it to the stage. At matches where you can drive to each stage, it works even better.

Hurley

After entering my arms room through the secret tunnel I hand off my gear to my loyal butler Alfred. He will clean it to his exacting specifications and then hang it on the wall next to my matched set of GE Miniguns. I will then repair to my library for a brandy and cigar. Pretty average setup really.

I have gone with the Safariland 3 gun bag as it has the nifty extension built in for the longer shotgun tubes, can hold all your guns and mags etc... but then I keep my other gear in plastic bins that I leave in the truck. When I get to the range I transfer everything I need for the day into my rugged gear cart ( best money ever spent for the cart ) it will hold all my stuff for the day. Have a separate range bag for doing USPSA pistol matches -

Gear lives in the range bag, belt/holster rig on top, and a small tool box with cleaning, fixing stuff, all lives on a shelf in the garage. Guns and Brownells 3-Gun case go to the house and the guns into the safe. I used to take rifle/shotgun stuff out if I went to a pistol match, forgot to put something in I needed and now everything goes everywhere.

• 7 months later...

Stuff that I use every other week or more gets piled up behind the sofa. Stuff that I use less frequently gets piled into the closet, reasonably close to some Target-brand plastic bins.

Why, no, I'm not married.

haha! My first thought was that you must not be married!!

Everything I have has a spot

My handgun gets taken out of the range bag cleaned then put right back in after a match.

As soon as I get that done I repack my range bag with a fresh supply of ammo (Rifle and Pistol) Mags, Ear Pro and glass, choke tubes.

I have a seprate smaller red bag (think small soccer kids bag) that sits on top of my range bag. This bag holds all of my belt attachements and shotgun ammo (this bag never gets emptied ex to clean out empty cases and wipe off my belt)

my Rifle and shotgun taken out of my Safariland 3gun bag and cleaned then put into the safe.

My safariland Bag Keeps in the front pouches my Rain Over Coat (bass pro 19.95) and my speed cross 3's at all times

all I have to do to get to a match is grab my rifle and shotgun load up and go. (3g cart stays in the trunk of my car, along with my Homemade targets and "stands")

Stuff that I use every other week or more gets piled up behind the sofa. Stuff that I use less frequently gets piled into the closet, reasonably close to some Target-brand plastic bins.

Why, no, I'm not married.

Me either and same system