Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

With some claasifiers being removed?

aandabooks

Well, at least the higher highers figured it out and caught it beforehand.

Just imagine if you were an unclassified 1911 shooter and shot a local club 6 classifier stage match in March in anticipation of shooting the Single Stack Nat's at the end of April beginning of May.

And THEN in April the head honchos go "WHOOPS! Those classifiers don't count."

Then you're forced going to SS Nat's as UNclassified.

There would have been a bunch more bellyaching over that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he would have asked for input in the USPSA forum instead of the revolver forum.

why is this turning into an "us versus them" thing.

is your opinion somehow more valuable then those who it actually might effect?

I bet if the letter stating the retiring of some classifiers was not release I doubt anybody would of even noticed they were gone

I'm not trying to make it an "us vs them" thing. Retiring classifiers affects many thousands of USPSA shooters, not just a couple of hundred revolver shooters.

Over the course of what? 20 or 30 years? I think everybody has figured out that IPSC/USPSA is an equipment race.

If all the guys with 6 shooters were surpassed by all the guys shooting 8 shooters, then so be it.

Sell your six gun...

Or shoot another division in USPSA

or go shoot ICORE

Or really practice those reloads

or cut your barrels down to 4 inches and shoot IDPA

So much jumping through hoops for so many people, I don't get it.

Guess what guys there will be new classifiers coming out. It's not like the remaining classifiers are no longer valid for classification purposes. I don't see why everyone is getting so upset about it. Why wasn't there a huge uproar back in Oct 2013 when the following classifiers were retired: CM99-06, 99-27, 99-36, 99-43, 99-45, 99-52, 99-60 have been retired. (10/24/13). I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but I just don't get it.

Because those were all 14 years old and everyone had shot them. We lost some good classifiers that were not even a year old. We have 8 matches a month on the front range and there are a lot of shooters who shoot them all. They don't want to shoot the same classifiers over and over. Cutting the new ones pretty much ensures that the guys who shoot 60 to 90 matches a year will have many more repeats.

Some of it is principle too. Having been assured it would not affect anyone who did not shoot Revolver, now here we lose 1/4 of the classifiers. I don't like being told one thing and then something else occurs.

And how soon will they be replaced? In a "reasonable time" is pretty open-ended. Another 4 years?

And the $64,000 question...well, at least for me... is how will their HHF's be determined if they have never been shot at a Nationals type match?

Do you think the guys running the online classifier calculators will still keep the data up for the retired classifiers?

I actually was planning on making 6 pepper poppers and practicing.

I like that one stage Paper Poppers, not that it was one of the retired classifiers.

What I am trying to avoid is having to scramble through CMCALC and by hand writing down what the 100% HHF's are before they delete them. I had my 3 ring binder of classifier stages all nice and neat....sigh...:-(

You do realize how this will affect any new classifiers right

you can't have more than 8 rounds from 1 location before a reload

but now because it would be unfair to 6 rounders you can't require 8, reload 8 for a speed shoot classifier

They are going to kill revolver and screw it up for everyone else

So here is who voted for this

Revolver Division
Motion: To approve the proposed rule change to amend the Revolver
Division to allow 8-shot revolvers provided they are scored as minor power
factor
Moved: Pres Seconded A7 Passed
Roll Call requested
YES – A1, A2, A3, A4, A7, Pres
NO – A5, A6, A8
And Flex was the committee chair person for the review of classifiers
Still no answer on who else was on there
who decided to kill these
what else was proposed
what the decision process was
hell the website still isn't updated with correct information, nothing put out by the HQ on this, they were blindsided on this Monday morning
Here is an idea, make Revolver National Stages all 6 round neutral and lets see how major/ minor scoring works out for them

I'm sure they will do their best to have some out before the end of the year, but if they did it like last year, they will shoot them at Nationals to determine the HHF before releasing them.

Yea, and we know how well that worked out.

Maybe they will get them all set up correctly this time?

EDIT: nahhh, Jake, it'll just be the 6 shooters which will die off.

If there is no advantage to 8 rounds, major scoring will trump 8 round minor

They should set up SS Nationals all 8 round neutral and then take targets out to make it 6 round neutral for Revolver and see how many of them don't shoot 8 round guns on that Sunday.

I must admit that if I was MD that is what I would do, but I am a dick

I'd throw in some 5,4, 3, and 2 shot arrays just to really screw with folks. Put say like a 5 shot array back to back with a 3 shot array, steel of course, to get the odd numbered arrays. Then the 8 shot guys will be like "Do I try both arrays without a reload between them?"

A5 voted NO. I like that!

Also shit canned the classifiers :sick:

Not like it was a personal project for him. A5 is the committee chair and sent the message out. Don't shoot the messenger. He voted against the initial division change (as did I), but once it was passed by the majority of the BOD, he had a duty as committee chair to follow the majority and review which classifiers had to be removed. His committee was assigned a task by the entire BOD.

Not like it was a personal project for him. A5 is the committee chair and sent the message out. Don't shoot the messenger. He voted against the initial division change (as did I), but once it was passed by the majority of the BOD, he had a duty as committee chair to follow the majority and review which classifiers had to be removed. His committee was assigned a task by the entire BOD.

And how did everyone on the committee feel about removing the classifiers?

I wish he would have asked for input in the USPSA forum instead of the revolver forum.

why is this turning into an "us versus them" thing.

is your opinion somehow more valuable then those who it actually might effect?

I bet if the letter stating the retiring of some classifiers was not release I doubt anybody would of even noticed they were gone

Alec,

I don't think it needs to be an us vs. them thing, but you can't tell me with a straight face that the retiring of a bunch of classifiers only affects revolver shooters.....

I'm pretty certain that became necessary the moment the vote to modify the division was successful......

If some of these classifiers can be set again at a Nationals this year -- say at Revolver Nats, and thinking about how PASA usually sets the SSN and reportedly set up the REvo nats last year there's no reason to thing this wouldn't be feasible -- they could be returned to active status with a new HHF for Revolver Division.....

.....in which case we lose some of them for what -- ~ 4 months?

I'm pretty certain that became necessary the moment the vote to modify the division was successful......

If some of these classifiers can be set again at a Nationals this year -- say at Revolver Nats, and thinking about how PASA usually sets the SSN and reportedly set up the REvo nats last year there's no reason to thing this wouldn't be feasible -- they could be returned to active status with a new HHF for Revolver Division.....

.....in which case we lose some of them for what -- ~ 4 months?

So we take 19 classifiers and turn them into a Nationals Match?

This is starting to sound alot like Medical Insurance.....

you can keep your classifiers........oh well no you can't.

Look I get it, cat is out of the bag, and now we are seeing the outcome