Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Glock 34 gen 4 holster ... Which one ? Why ?

Gcarr

The purpose of IDPA, generally, is to shoot what you carry, and carry it how you would normally. I shoot only USPSA and use a Blade-Tech DOH, the Revolution I think it is called. But the purpose of USPSA is just a little different than IDPA.

If I were to get into IDPA, I'd probably just use a nice kydex OWB rig, like Raven Concealment, White Dog, or RKBA. Dozens of kydex OWB holster makers out there. Though this isn't the game-iest solution, I feel it is closer to the heart of IDPA.

The purpose of IDPA, generally, is to shoot what you carry, and carry it how you would normally. I shoot only USPSA and use a Blade-Tech DOH, the Revolution I think it is called. But the purpose of USPSA is just a little different than IDPA.

If I were to get into IDPA, I'd probably just use a nice kydex OWB rig, like Raven Concealment, White Dog, or RKBA. Dozens of kydex OWB holster makers out there. Though this isn't the game-iest solution, I feel it is closer to the heart of IDPA.

I definitely see where your coming from Chris, but most people treat IDPA the same way they treat USPSA. In the end, both are a game and anyone who argues that is ridiculous. Guys want to be just as competitive shooting IDPA and take advantage of all of the little things just like in the latter. Hence why the OP is using a G34 and not a G19.

As far as a holster goes,

I like Comp-tac quite a bit better than BT. BT's stuff was awesome, but Im not to keen on the new. Other than CT, I think Safariland's 5197,5198,5199 series of holsters(all the same, different belt attachment) are the best bang for the buck out there! They have good stand-off from the body and are quick. You could also look at Ghost, DAA, Armadillo concealment and I'm sure theres many many more

Yes ... It is true... I want every advantage that I can get. Why would I not ??? Would those same advantages not also be an advantage in a real world situation ??? If that makes me a gamer ... I'm a gamer. But then again maybe not. Like my daddy always said ... If you are going to be a bear ... Be a Grizzly!!!

Truthfully ... It's all just Zombie training !!!

Thanks to everyone for the input.

The advantages you would see is with the additional proficiency you would gain if you were shooting and carrying similar platforms. Such as 34 for comp and 19/26 for carry. What most get wrapped up about when talking about IDPA is that most of the "competition" gear is unrealistic for real world carry, which I do agree with. But instead I choose to carry IWB at the same position my comp holster is at.

You are exactly on track with my thoughts. I am not only trying to stay with one gun platform ... But also one caliber as well. Hey... I am even looking at a mech tech 9mm carbine ... It's the closest thing I can find to a glock. :0) I woke up one day and decided that one platform would be a good way to go for many reasons ... At least for me. The plan is for everything to interchange and feel as close as possible to the same.

CompTac is slightly contoured to fit closer on your hip. Just got the International and I really like it. It comes with 3 different attachments to be worn as paddle, belt, and..... can't remember the third.

why do people get hung up about shooting IDPA with other than Carry equipment? I like to shoot action events - it is more fun than..... well it is fun. I get that IDPA has a lot of rules that are in place to make the competition based on defensive scenarios....but come on, it is still a competition. IDPA is a lot more prevalent where I live so its really the only option.

So let me spend my money on fast holsters, and whatever else so I can pretend I am a delta force ninja assasin when I compete....and quit griping about it not being realistic. Thats like complaining about something in Star trek not being realistic.....hello they are in a space ship traveling at light speed - we suspended reality as soon as we turned the show on....

I like the old style of Comptac holsters before they made the switch over to kinda making the International their main model. I don't find the Int. to be a holster I want at that price point. The old/traditional style Comptac belt holster, of which I have like 4, I would wear forever and plan to. The new one, meh......

Comptac, Safariland and Bladetech.

Wow ... getting a lot of good options ... I was hoping that there would be a clear winner. Think I will just pick one and go from there ... Thanks for all the suggestions... They are all good ones!

CompTac is slightly contoured to fit closer on your hip. Just got the International and I really like it. It comes with 3 different attachments to be worn as paddle, belt, and..... can't remember the third.

Dropped and offset. I don't remember if mine came with a techlock or not,

• 2 months later...

Here I am, late to the dance as always. When I came back to IDPA I decided that, for me, I wanted a holster that held the Glock 19 securely. Decided on the Uncle Mikes Reflex, size 21. Using the belt loop holder It's more than sufficiently close to the body, holster keeps weapon retained but yet with a small amount of practice allows the the user to draw quickly. Price at Gander Mtn...$33.00. So far, I'm pleased...Oh yes, even though the package says it's for the Glock 17, 19, 22 & 23 I have found it works on the 26 and 34 as well

I like the old style of Comptac holsters before they made the switch over to kinda making the International their main model. I don't find the Int. to be a holster I want at that price point. The old/traditional style Comptac belt holster, of which I have like 4, I would wear forever and plan to. The new one, meh......

Comptac, Safariland and Bladetech.

I agree with you, I like the old ones better too. However the old style I had was the short slide version and doesn't quite give the 34 the support I want, the 17 was perfect. So I ordered an International to try out.

Edited by Marshal82