Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Pistol Prices

AICS308

I have a question for SVI shooters. SVI has a good website with plenty of pictures with different designs. I was working with the Gunbuilder site and checking the different options for each type of pistol. The site says you have to submit your design and get a quote. I then found a comment that the price for the base pistol is $3400 plus your options. It looks like the price for a limited 5.4 inch Sight Tracker could bust $4000 easily.

Has anyone here purchased an SVI in the last year and if you don't mind, some idea of the cost.

Thanks

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a recent gun that came out: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=388575998

He says that this is the price that he paid for it. Keep in mind that mags are $127 each.

Basically every option in the gun builder adds/subtracts machine time, different material, labor, etc. If you want to know exactly what it will cost, submit a build for a quote. I probably submitted 3-4 builds for quotes before I went forward and ordered one. It is painless and they will get back to you quickly.

i have one on order and hope to take delivery of it sometime in april. my order was for a custom compact carry and my order just broke the 4k mark. brandon is great to work with and i definintly recommend you submit a quote for a build.it is a very easy process.

My stainless .40 cal 1911 was priced very reasonably compared to the non-SVI custom options. SVI pistols are expensive, but they are priced competitively with similar custom products. Brandon gets back to you very quickly with a quote via the GunBuilder option. It was a pretty easy process once I initiated the build. Brandon probably spent more time educating me on certain aspects of the pistol than anything else. He was very patient explaining to me the world of .40 caliber ammunition and magazines as it pertained to his 1911 builds so I'm ordering the magazines through him also.

The Team Infinity shooters are also universally helpful when it comes to answering questions and providing advice. Roy Neal spent quite a bit of time helping me figure out my build choices before I even submitted it to the factory. I ran across a couple Team Infinity shooters this past weekend at the Florida State Championships who were nice enough to take some time to answer some additional questions I had about AET barrels, ammo, etc.

It took me a few years and the sale of an Open Pistol to afford/purchase my first Infinity limited/duty gun. Ever since then, nothing else will do. I've sold or traded all of my high end pistols to buy more of them. Those who say a factory Infinity is on par with a factory STI has never owned, held or shot an Infinity. Period.

I've never shot or held an SV so I am limited in what I know about them. My 2 open pistols were built by 2 excellent gunsmiths and perform great. Part of my hesitation is ordering a pistol from a "factory" versus a gunsmith. Are SV's comparable to the better gunsmiths?

I've never shot or held an SV so I am limited in what I know about them. My 2 open pistols were built by 2 excellent gunsmiths and perform great. Part of my hesitation is ordering a pistol from a "factory" versus a gunsmith. Are SV's comparable to the better gunsmiths?

Obviously I am biased, but yes. They don't outsource any of the parts. They machine them from bar stock and are able to maintain their tight tolerances. This enables them to build a tighter, more accurate and longer lasting pistol. But, don't take my word for it, borrow one from someone in your neck of the woods and shoot it. You won't be disappointed.

SV-COP, you'd know more about Infinity than I, so I'm curious what you'd think of this.

When Cabot guns started advertising 'post-custom' guns, guns that are fitted too exactly and with too much consistency to be done by hand, I immediately thought that could have been SVI's tagline as well.

Would you say that's accurate, or is there any appreciable amount of human handiwork in this?

There is no comparison. ALL the other gunbuilders (1911/2011) mostly use STI/Caspian parts. While not bad, they are not 100% billet machined parts. ALL other builders use parts from various manufactures. Again, not bad but there are a collection of parts fitted mostly by hand or manual mills/lathes and cannot match CNC based machining. I will also say that I have never seen another custom gun builder pay as much attention to fit and finish as Brandon does. They are expensive and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Lee

after purchasing just parts from brandon at infinity for a couple of years.........i finally bit the bullet and had him do me up a custom carry. my sole reason for buying a gun from svi when i myself build them is the amazing quality of all of their parts. they are second to none in quality. i currently literally own over 30 1911/2011 pistols and i built all but 6 or so of them myself. if their craftsmanship is as good as the quality of their parts............itll be the best quality pistol ive ever owned.

I have owned guns from some of the big names including Infinity. To say there is no comparison is a bit of a stretch.

The PT parts are pretty nice but they are not perfect and not quite on the level of SV. I have not seen the FGW parts in person, so I can't comment on those. Para stuff is not even close, and not really the same thing. Caspian high cap is ok, but again, not the same thing. The main competition is still STI and they are not even close in terms of material, design, finish, tolerance, or overall quality. Yeah, you can take an STI frame and build a half decent gun, assuming the holes are drilled in the right place, are straight, etc. But it won't work as well, last as long, or look as good as an SV. And it won't have nearly the same resale value.

I have owned guns from some of the big names including Infinity. To say there is no comparison is a bit of a stretch.

As far as 1911/2011 style handguns go, I've had 2 STIs tuned by Tripp, 1 full custom Limited gun by Tripp, 1 full custom Open gun by Benny Hill, along with a half dozen Wilson Combats, a para, a Kimber, a Colt and a Spingfield. Of those, there was absolutely no comparison, or I would still have them in my safe.

Trace

While I agree that SV makes some of the best parts. I use them in all my own builds. I also agree that Infinity make awesome pistols i've owned two limited guns. I have had guns that were as tight,smooth,lasted just as long and shot just as well. My point is that While SV is a great gun there are guns that I have owned that in my opinion were every bit the shooter the Infinity was.

Trace

While I agree that SV makes some of the best parts. I use them in all my own builds. I also agree that Infinity make awesome pistols i've owned two limited guns. I have had guns that were as tight,smooth,lasted just as long and shot just as well. My point is that While SV is a great gun there are guns that I have owned that in my opinion were every bit the shooter the Infinity was.

I think we've had this conversation before. It would be extremely boring if everyone shared the exact same opinion about things and the lead time at Infinity would be 10 years!! :cheers:

. Yeah, you can take an STI frame and build a half decent gun, assuming the holes are drilled in the right place, are straight, etc. But it won't work as well, last as long, or look as good as an SV. And it won't have nearly the same resale value.

Yeah, you can only build a half decent gun off a STI frame :blink:

WTF

. Yeah, you can take an STI frame and build a half decent gun, assuming the holes are drilled in the right place, are straight, etc. But it won't work as well, last as long, or look as good as an SV. And it won't have nearly the same resale value.

Yeah, you can only build a half decent gun off a STI frame :blink:

WTF

Yes, sometimes. But it's kind of hard to do when the holes aren't in the right place and aren't drilled straight.