Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shot the whole match today and it was a boat load of fun. Every single stage was great and most of them had multiple valid ways of shooting them. I have uploaded my stage runs to my YouTube channel. Click on the "Video's" link in my signature to check them out.

I may have shot like crap (8 Misses & 2 No Shoots) but I still had a lot of fun and it was well worth the trip to attend this match. Good luck to everyone shooting the match over the weekend!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 96.78% of the points with no M/NS/PR and like Cha-lee said, only 1 "D". The guy is a machine! :bow: (I wonder if he was disappointed to have shot a "D")

He and Max Michel were at 166.31 and 166.85 seconds respectively, but Max only shot 94.41% with penalties. :goof:

Amazing.

No videos ?

Yes, tons of videos of the super squad. It was crazy just to find a place to watch them shoot. Everyone wanted to record his (Eric) runs along with some other. Lots of spectators at this match. Some shot some didn't.

The world shoot is going to be crazy, incredible & a headache. Lol. We had under 450 shooters this past week and it was like the nationals. Imo. World Shoot is over 1,100 shooters. WOW.

That was hands down the highest level of competition that I've ever shot against. Universal is my favorite place to shoot. Staff was great, match was ran well and the warm weather was worth the drive. Lots of international shooters and champions there getting ready for the world shoot.

To the owner of the fishing pole on stage 11, sorry for your loss, lol. I'm your man.

No videos ?

Yes, tons of videos of the super squad. It was crazy just to find a place to watch them shoot. Everyone wanted to record his (Eric) runs along with some other. Lots of spectators at this match. Some shot some didn't.

The world shoot is going to be crazy, incredible & a headache. Lol. We had under 450 shooters this past week and it was like the nationals. Imo. World Shoot is over 1,100 shooters. WOW.

Where can we find the videos?

What a great match! With super weather to go with it. Definitely better than back in snowy PA.

Smitty and the entire crew ran a fantastic operation. Great, challenging and fun stages. The RO's were fabulous. Universal has really become a shooter friendly range facility with plenty of shade and other amenities.

Interesting thread running about the MSSC scoring system. I thought it was awesome and hope other big matches can start using it.

Thanks to everybody who helped make the match a wonderful event and congratulations to all of the winners.

Yes great match !! Shannon and his crew did a fine job !! The scoring was the greatest thing I ever saw, it would be such a asset for every match to have that even down to club level. I hope next year he does not put a rule into play to keep a couple big guys from shooting over a wall...lol

Once again congrats to universal shooting for a well played match

Edited by Sudden Death

What a great match! With super weather to go with it. Definitely better than back in snowy PA.

Smitty and the entire crew ran a fantastic operation. Great, challenging and fun stages. The RO's were fabulous. Universal has really become a shooter friendly range facility with plenty of shade and other amenities.

Interesting thread running about the MSSC scoring system. I thought it was awesome and hope other big matches can start using it.

Thanks to everybody who helped make the match a wonderful event and congratulations to all of the winners.

I'm biased a bit since I'm local to the area, but I'm a huge Universal Shooting Academy fan. Frank, Smitty and Manny have a great operation there and Smitty does a fantastic job being the point man on these major matches. Plenty of places to park, the drainage is good (if you shoot in Florida in the Summer, just assume you're going to get rained on), plenty of bathrooms, water, etc.

I'm also biased towards the USA ROs since they send to be made up at least in part with people from my home club (WAC in Clearwater). I didn't get to shoot the Open this year because I was out of town, but I'm looking forward to shooting it in the future. The Florida State Championship was very well run.

The new scoring system is pretty slick. They've put a lot of effort into getting it right so that it's ready to roll for the World Shoot.

Yes great match !! Shannon and his crew did a fine job !! The scoring was the greatest thing I ever saw, it would be such a asset for every match to have that even down to club level. I hope next year he does not put a rule into play to keep a couple big guys from shooting over a wall...lol

I was working stage 4 and I think only 3 people shot over that wall in 3 days. All of them 6'++ At least one of them did well, and one of them didn't. Cant remember what the third one did.

Even Eric G missed the left popper on the first shot so he is human.

Epic disappointment sums up this match for me. Not because of how it was carried out, but because of how little effort I put into shooting it and how it just barely bit me hard at the end.

I placed 27th in open. That means I won B class, but came in second in c class to Julian Lim by 6 points and 1 position. I was classified C class. Instead of winning a gun for my mediocrity, I won a hundred bucks. Half the entry fee.

I posted some videos of me. I have now decided to beat everyone else in the sport and until I do, I will title every video I post on Youtube as me having a bad day. Because that is what this match has made my entire life until I succeed at this, a bad day. I only entirely botched one stage . . . stage one . . . because I didn't zero the gun and thought my gun was shooting high from whenever the last time I zeroed it was, I then found out it was actually shooting slightly low with the match ammo. Epic fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFyxOrWFkh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwchZQoqH5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNruEQuQfpI

Edited by Whoops!

I was working stage 4 and I think only 3 people shot over that wall in 3 days. All of them 6'++ At least one of them did well, and one of them didn't. Cant remember what the third one did.

I was referring to stage 1 .....lol. That's right some people could see over the wall ....lol

Edited by Sudden Death

I was referring to stage 1 .....lol. That's right some people could see over the wall ....lol

Gotcha, that would be an advantage. Guess the stage brief should have said the walls go to infinity.

According to USPSA rule book, walls no longer go to infinity.