Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack mag pouches?

bthoefer

I've used CR speeds, Comp-tacs, Safarilands, and DAA Racers. The safarilands and DAA Racers are my favorite and I'm currently using the racers.

Are you using the SS specific Racer pouches or the standard ones and using the spacer? Why do you prefer the DAA over the CR Speed?

I've been using the blade-tech double pouches but I have them set at almost no tension. If I put any tension on them, it seems like one mag is still free and the other has too much tension.

I'm looking at replacing them with single pouches and am trying to decide between the CR Speed versa pouch w/ SS spacer, the DAA SS specific Racer pouch, or the DAA racer pouch w/ SS spacer. I'm wanting to space them away from my body a bit. Not sure if the DAA SS specific one can be spaced out or not.

I use 6 of the single stack specific DAA mags, plus one to charge the mag (depending on number of shots for stage). Never had reason for more. Each individual mag has an adjustment for tension. Never tried the CR, but just read up on all and decided to go with the DAA. My son has ordered the DAA race mags with single stack insert, but he plans to go back and forth between single stack and L10.

6 CR Speed single pouches with Shooters Connection spacers to keep the mags away from my 'middle'. the spacers really help on the "all mags and gun on the table stages.

I start with 5 on the belt, one in the gun and a Barney mag. Usually never need the 5th, but the first time I don't have it with me, one of the others will fall out of the belt. Guaranteed.

You guys run 7 mags? I feel inadequate...

Anyway I suggest the SS DAA racer pouches they are sweet! I use to run the ready tacs which are descent but if I were to do it all over again straight to the DAA.

I start with 5 on the belt, one in the gun and a Barney mag. Usually never need the 5th, but the first time I don't have it with me, one of the others will fall out of the belt. Guaranteed.

+1 on all of the above.

Been using Blade Tech singles for quite a few years now, and they have run perfectly well for me with no wear to speak of. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't change the setup.

I honestly run good ole cheapo, Uncle Mike's doubles. I have 3 of the COM units as well for when I run L10 and for 3gun (just because they are cheap and I can run them angles on the front of the belt). The fancy mag pouches are too expensive to justify.

I use the CR Speed with SS spacer. As stated previosuly, it moves the mag away from the body without exceeding the maximum alloed distance. The big adjustment knob also helps to quickly adjust the pouch to the amount of tension required for the stage. Very happy with mine.