Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate BUG gun?

1911aow

I use an M&P 9c with an X-Grip and 17-round mag. I get a better grip with the full length mag. My 9c is one of the more accurate guns I own. That little gun SHOOTS!

After researching the rules this gun looks like a great option. What were the shooters at nationals unhappy about?

This. I carry a 9c and have shot it in several IDPA Club Bug matches... using the 17 round mag (which is what I carry the gun with) because it provides a much better grip. I've won every club BUG match I've shot with this gun, and also used it to shoot a maximum score on the Federal Air Marshal qualifier course (maybe the toughest LEO qualifier course there is). The gun shoots well.... and carries well. And, it's legal, and unlikely to be ruled illegal. It is a legitimate back up gun.

I read in another thread someone was using a Glock 29 at the Bug nationals! Thats a hell of a backup gun.

^correct I saw it, and spoke to the shooter.... only 10mm I'v ever seen at a match. G26 was the most popular, followed by the M&P Shield. I debating running my G30, but in the end settled for a gen4 G26.

Saw a couple of G30/36's.

Nice of S&W to provide the pickup guns also... .357 J-frame and a M&P Shield on the same stage was kind of fun.

While I've carried a G26/27 platform.... maybe next year they can add 4" semi-auto! :devil:

~g

Edited by safeactionjackson

One of those 9mm EMP's the Rich at Canyon Creek does would be superb!!!

For revo if you can find one lurking out there the Ruger Sp101 in the 9mm moonclip version 8)

Oh and +1 for the noisy criket.... 100 million power factor!

Edited by JerryShoots

CCG2011BUG_zps83ed33f9.jpg

I'm in love..... You gotta give us more info/pics of that one!

I carry a g27 and shoot it (and my g26) better than any of the other subcompacts I've tried... IF I were shooting a BUG match, I'd shoot the 26.

Most certainly! Who did this build ? I love the STI 3.0 tactical lite , this is that X 1,000

While I don't want to get into a discussion of IDPA rules, perhaps instead of fitting "the box" there could be an official "BUG Pocket". The way the current rules read if I am not mistaken a 627 PC snubby would make a fine BUG gun for the revolver inclined.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my pick. It's a 3.8 inch barrel CZ Custom Compact-L with a mix of CZC parts and Cajun Gun Works short reset. The trigger is so nice I was considering shooting this in SSP for fun. Didn't realize it would work in Bug Out.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for an M&P 9c. Mine groups better than my Shield at all distances, and handles more like a fullsize M&P with respect to reloads and manipulations. I've run my 9c through field courses in practice, only dropping a few points more than with my 9 Pro. Dawson sights, an X-Grip and a Comp AEK trigger would make a 9c a serious contender.

I want one of those noisy crickets, but I can not find one anywhere... They must be on back order or something !!!

You can see the actual "Noisy Cricket" at the salt mine museum in Hutchinson KS, I saw it there last year. They use that salt mine for storage of lots of movie films and props.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Regarding the comments about someone using a Glock 29 at the BUG match, that would be me. At the time it was my only pistol with night sights that met the BUG specs. Using 180 jhp's with VV320, it was a very mild 140 pf without any spring changes. The bigger frame soaks up recoil, so it is a very pleasant shooting pistol when loaded to less than full power 10mm levels. Leaving the 10mm brass on the range was a killer though.