World Shoot

meangreen75

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We flew from DFW to Frankfurt Germany with ammo and 3 guns for 2012 worlds. No Problem Just make sure your paperwork is in order.

However we started our flight at the Joplin airport and my guns were checked by TSA agents who are friends of mine.

we used our SFP Guncases and the only problem was in Dallas on return trip. TSA could not open and had to call me to bring the key. TSA Thought that they were the best Gun cases ever

dcs

I don't understand all of this. If this is a sanctioned NRA match, Is it not up there with the Bianchi Cup and Camp Perry. Why was this match not budgeted by NRA to help with the team fees and shirts. What is the point of being on the team if a competitor has to pay for everything. I guess it is the fact knowing that you were chosen to be on the US Team. No one from NRA will be there to even take a Team Photo. If you all do not have matching shirts, I suppose someone can bring a big US flag and have the picture done in front of it.

• 5 weeks later...

FYI I spoke to Nate this morning at Rockcastle.

He hopes to have 2 plate racks, one barricade stage, one practical stage, and one two cable mover available for practice on Monday.

That is exactly what he told me, verbatim.

I had questions, so I called to find out.

You can also ship your ammo to:

WAPC, 585 Park Mammoth Road, Park City, Ky 42160. Put your name and WAPC on it and you can pick it up at the Resort when you get there.

See ya there!

DougC

PS. I will have a limited amount of 38 Super, 9mm, and 38 special match ammo there. First come first serve unless you have it reserved. Thanks!

Edited by DougCarden

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on the World shoot? I'm hearing all kinds of things...Like the practical range is a 10 minute car ride, range isn't ready, lack of practice facilities...Seems like folks are nervous about this one.

Anyone have real info?

thanks

Are you on Facebook? They have confirmed some stuff, but avoided other questions on the WAPC facebook page. I've "heard" the practical/barricade range will be 3 miles down the road but they did not specify the range layout.

They confirmed there will be differences compared to Green Valley, which is to be expected. They did not confirm if there will be turning targets.

Plates will be run with 1 shooter at a time, on a timer, 1 shooter/plate rack per bay. I did not see how many racks/bays they had dedicated to plates.

Edited by DWFAN

I talked to the nobles at the NRA convention and he assured me that things are on track. However the practical range is at another facality 3.5 miles away.

Hello to all.

Those of you going to the World Shoot, the Bianchi, I wish all of you the best time, great shooting, and lots of X's.

I hope the weather is great for the matches.

For the few of you going to MI for this weekend, I will be there by 6pm Thursday night.

I will not be able to attend the Worlds or the Bianchi this year, not enough time, enough money, and my wife could not be left alone for such a long time. But MI is doable.

Please have a great time, shoot well, and above all be safe and have fun.

J. Russell Bryan

It's still winter sort of up here.

I talked to the nobles at the NRA convention and he assured me that things are on track. However the practical range is at another facality 3.5 miles away.

If this is on track, I would hate to see what off track is. As of this post none of the ranges are ready yet.

The barricade move a ton, and they are 2x4s with the wide side out with plywood on top of them. There are two shooting lanes setup

Practical has very little room at the 50 yard line. I doubt we can do more than two competitors at a time.

It appears that there is a turning target system, but who knows if it works or not.

Plates are ok, two per a bay with two bays. There are two movers, they don't have guide wires yet, I am unsure if they intend to do it.

There is probably a good 5-10 minute drive between the two ranges and parking is completely in adequate.

The practice range in Columbia is better than the range for the world shoot.

On top of that I get the impression from the MD that us expecting a good range at least close to the level of Green Valley as being needy.

Edited by PPGMD

I've not ever shot NRA pistol, but I would just suggest that competitors come and enjoy Rockcastle and Kentucky for what we have to offer in a unique experience rather than comparing it to other facilities that have been hosting this type of match for a few decades.

I've not ever shot NRA pistol, but I would just suggest that competitors come and enjoy Rockcastle and Kentucky for what we have to offer in a unique experience rather than comparing it to other facilities that have been hosting this type of match for a few decades.

If this match was in fall I would stay an extra couple of days, and visit some of the local attractions, but when I come to shoot I want to shoot.

Anyways the German contingent and Craig seemed to have impressed on the MD better than I did that the issues were very serious. And they are going to redo the barricades to make them studier and thin enough for the open shooters to clamp on.

One of the movers is operational, it needs some kinks worked out of it, but they seem to have some ideas to fix it. The other is up, but they only have one generator for the moment and are waiting on the power co to hook up power to the range tomorrow. I imagine that by COB tomorrow it should be operational.

The turning target system works, but they don't have it on because they are having custom brackets fabricated to create the proper distance between the targets. He said they should be here tomorrow.

The initial plan seems to be that we will shoot the mover and plates on one day, and the other day will be barricade practical. So the drive between the ranges will just be an annoyance for practice.

And I got my ammo from Zero, so things are looking up.

It seems that part of the issue is the rule book, the rule book doesn't specify how thick the barricades should be. But we, the shooters, expect things to be setup like Green Valley.

Edited by PPGMD