meangreen75

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

My oldest son graduates high school on May 18th in the afternoon. Google Maps says it's about 9.5 hours to KC.MO. from Rockcastle. I guess I'll need a coffee thermos and a jar to pee in. :)

Might be a light crowd from KC unless Warren and Tracy go.

We're going!

Tracy

They have a spare mover for practice. I do not believe they will get 50 people per day per mover. That will require them to run the mover for 10 hours solid, a little much to ask the staff. At that rate sometime middle second day some one will screw up and it will crash and burn. I have suggested they look at a third mover for the match. That will allow them to cover up to 280 time slots. That will still leave them tight, especially for weather delays or breakdowns. Plus for anyone running two guns, which at this stage does not appear to be an option.

I am trying to get a chance to speak to Nate or Nick tomorrow and see how they are planning to do things.

gm iprod,

I think your math is a little off there. At Bianchi and at our Regional in the Fall, they/we can run 8/hr. That makes 64 in 8 hours, and the reason we limit entries to 65 guns. We start at 08:00, take 1/2 hour for lunch and are finished by 16:30.

At 10 hours that would work out to 80 shooters.

Alan~^~

In KC, we run somewhere about that capability also, which is why I thought 200 was doable.

Whoever I was emailing with said they would have two movers. I'm not sure if that included a practice mover or not.

If the movers run well and don't break down (a bunch), it shouldn't be an issue.

In KC, we run somewhere about that capability also, which is why I thought 200 was doable.

Whoever I was emailing with said they would have two movers. I'm not sure if that included a practice mover or not.

If the movers run well and don't break down (a bunch), it shouldn't be an issue.

With only two movers If each shooter gets 7 min, then 200 shooters will require approximately two 12 hrs days. With three movers it would be approximately two 8 hr days, If each shooter takes about 7 minutes and there are not a lot of breakdowns.

Edited by toothguy

Shoot faster.. You have an Auto now. :goof:

What am I missing here? Bianchi runs 250 in 3 days with plenty of room to spare. (they claim 300+ capacity with 2 movers but between breakdowns, the mover is usually behind...)

200 shooters shooting on 2 movers in 2 days is 50 shooters per day per mover.

50*7 (lets say 10 to include changeover) = 500 minutes (a day for 50 shooters on 1 mover).

So 8.33 hours running 2 movers gets you 100 shooters, do that for 2 days = 200 shooters.

I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it shouldnt be a problem if the equipment has all the bugs out.

Edited by DWFAN

Jeremy, I'm sure you're right but I'm thinking at the Cup they always seem behind, so the shooter to shooter time is more like 12 min or more. That would be about a 10 hour day, definitely workable just seems tight.

Guys,

You guys are far more experienced at running these things and certainly get through the shooters.

I know they may be able to go faster but unless everything goes 100% you really only get between 5 and 6 per hours. You can not run the staff that hard at a new match, screw ups will occur. 8 hours maybe 9 each day will tax the staff. They may not be as familiar with running a match of this magnitude and there will be additionall stresses for them. Running hard at 7 1/2 minutes per shooter will be too quick in my view.

5.5 per hour = 50 per mover per day as long as there are no breakdowns. There are MORE than 200 shooters. Three movers will allow them to run at a slower pace and have time to fix anything that does break. At my original pace with three movers they can get up to 250 shooters through with plenty of time for screw ups.

• 2 weeks later...

Very serious here about going to the Cup this year for the first time. Just saw the Rocks dates and yes that would be a great idea. Seven hours for each leg of that trip isn't bad!

My main problem is I need a mentor for the Action Pistol shooting at this level and need one quick! If anyone has the time please pm me as I have a whole bunch of questions.....

thanks ahead of time,

• 3 weeks later...

at least you have a place to play.

It's still freezing cold up here, and we have at least 4feet of snow on the ground.

if this ever lets up I might get a chance to go out and play a bit.

Russell

From the great white north.

Hi Russell,

I'll bet it is rough up there. Like much of the country, it's been unusually cold here. How many of us can check off items on this list?

- I've loaded every piece of pistol brass I own (including 3k rounds for a revolver I rarely use)

-Every gun I own is clean

-I've rearranged all my shooting bags (at least twice)

-I've dry fired on EVERY object in my basement (multiple times)

-Worked on loads for my 454 till my wrist hurts

-took an AR apart and put it back together (just because)

-dismantled my Dillon and cleaned every part

-I've watched Doug's video so many times I think I know his routine almost as well as he does...

-Raised the stock value on Kendall Jackson wine by about 2 points :eatdrink:

-the list goes on...

It was in the 20's here when I shot the mover but I HAD to get out! You know it's bad when your wife is telling you to go to the range :angry2:

and the kicker is- I shot the best on the mover I have in a long while. Only had 2 8's at 25 with my metallic gun. Now if I can just shoot the world with 3 layers, a winter coat, and numb hands, I've got it made!

Hope to see you soon.

mark

Hello Mark.

well I can say that I have not accomplished all the things you have, but for sure I have moved a large oil tanker of snow in the last 8 weeks, and spent a of cash on fuel to do it.

My gun room is still a mess, my brass is still not clean ( to cold in the garage )and the guns are dirty from last year.

I will not be able to make the worlds or the Bianchi as time is tight and so is the cash, but I will do the matches in MI, and PA, as well as VA, so I will get to see you guys for sure at some point this year.

The site I am trying to construct is now 8 weeks behind schedule, no way I can make it up until the weather breaks.

I can't even get to the range to take a few shots at paper, guns will freeze and ammo hates this kind of cold, but to day the temp is 34f, holy crap I can start to ware my pink T Shirt, it's like summer compared to the past 2 months.

it is what it is, so I just put up with it.

Hope to see all of you soon, and get out to play, working for a living just sucks.

Russell