Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Minor Load for Glock 34 and M&P 9L/Pro using TiteGroup

RobE1010

I am looking for any recommendations for 9mm Minor load recipes for use in USPSA Production, IDPA as well as Steel Challenge for both a Glock 34 and M&P 9L/Pro.

I am looking for loads using TiteGroup powder as that's what I have on hand and prefer to use. Ideally I'd be looking for loads using 115gr, 124gr and 147gr projectiles and your current OAL.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I've used 4.6 gr titegroup with 115 gr berrys JRN bullets and a COL of 1.150 + .005 to get 1100fps + 30 fps but that is with a G17. At 5.0 grains I was seeing 1250 fps with the G17 just for reference. I don't have results with this load for my G34 gen4. Sorry, but I hope this helps.

4.0 TG 125 MT Gold or Horn. HAP makes Pf in my 1911's, sig 226 and glock 17. I used to change oal for each pistol now I load them all for the the shortest gun. i.e. the glock needs 1.065 to run so now they all get it so I don't have to change things.

But figure out what OAL your gun needs and go from there. the longer the OAL usually the more powder required. we're talking tenths of grains

4.0 Titegroup out of the stock G34 barrel at a 1.135 OAL will make minor. Chrono usually gets me at about 132PF with this . I am running Montana Gold 124gr. JHPs.

Edited by uod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my experience with Titepoop, I had to use 4.2 to 4.3 grains with 124 gr MG CMJ and get to PF up to 135+ for acceptable accuracy in my XDM 4.5 and a

G17. 128 to 132 PF produced 4-5 inch groups off a sandbag at 20 yards. 135+ PF tightened the group up to 2 inches. I found Titepoop to be hot, snappy,

and, dirty. BUT powder supplies are TiGHT and I would buy some if any shop had some.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I saw this data on the Hodgdon website. I have already contacted them for verification but I have not heard back yet.

Unlikely to make Minor but I am curious. Anyone using such a low powder charge??

2.8 Titegroup (Max 3.2)

125 Hornady HAP

1.069" COL

I've done a lot of testing with a G34 in a Ransom Rest. I bought a Ransom and set about finding the most accurate polymer coated loads using the cheapest available powder, Alliant Promo (same as Red Dot by weight). I've also experimented with several other fast powders (TiteGroup, Green Dot, Clay Dot, e3, WST), but didn't find them to be more accurate than Promo with polymer coated bullets.

Here are my top three recommendations for loads with Promo. I know you asked for TiteGroup, but I thought you might find this useful since you were looking for G34 data. They all make minor. All groups are ten-shot strings and were tested from a Ransom Rest at 50 feet.

SNS 147 1.155 3 grains .378 1.4''

TBB 147 1.13 2.8 grains .379 1.4''

Bayou 147 1.16 3 grains .378 1.5''

Edited by ActionJackson