Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel & tungsten guide rods

Philo_Beddoe

The stainless is still pretty light. Glockstore claims the stainless is three time heavier then the OEM polymer rod, the Tungsten rod is twice as heavy as the stainless.

• 1 month later...

The tungsten is heavier then the stainless as the stainless is heavier then the stock polymer rod. I find run the stainless and think it is plenty of weight up front to assist with recoil, but like everything else it's all about what feels best for you.

i used the glockstore extended tungsten guide rod for the 1st time in a match yesterday in my limited G35. i can feel the weight of the recoil rod in the front on follow shots.

however, after the match when i cleaned my gun i noticed the recoil spring left kind of a rut-marks at a certain point on the rod !! i don't get it. and on top of that i noticed the tungsten extended guide rod is longer than the stainless extended guide rod offered by glockstore ! hmmmmm.......i heard many complains about tungsten extended rods breaking or chipping after few rounds, it tells me they should be hardened or hammered for more strenght. at this price point, such soft material is not acceptable, but anyhow i think it Worth it , i like the weight addition it provides. the regular tungsten guide rod with a catured spring however doesn't Worth it, it doesn't add much weight, i'd prefer running an extended stainless steel GR instead of the regular lenght TGR.