Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Midway USA Powder Orders READ THIS

Jaxshooter

Midway is listing various powders is stock for immediate order (not backorder). They are taking orders online and charging your credit card at that time. They however do not have the powder in stock and note that it will be shipped direct from the manufacturer. It will be 16 weeks ( 4 months) before the powder ships. They are using your money for 4 months interest free including the money for Hazmat and freight. I wanted to make everybody aware of this. Order from them accordingly.

That's ..... Disappointing

I just ordered a CZ SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom which they are building from scratch. Their website clearly says they charge your card when you place the order for the gun to be built. However, when I got on the phone with them to place the order they told me they wouldn't charge my card until the gun was built ...

KUDOs to CZ Custom !!!!!! They will always be the first place I go when I need CZ stuff in the future ...

That's just another reason I don't do business with Midway. That and there ridiculous shipping prices. "And that's the way it is".

I understand that boxes and so forth cost money. But when you have these practices, coupled with minimum order 'fees' (fines) plus the insane shipping.... yeah not going to buy from Midway anytime soon.

Galaxy Note II + Tapatalk 2

Midway is listing various powders is stock for immediate order (not backorder). They are taking orders online and charging your credit card at that time. They however do not have the powder in stock and note that it will be shipped direct from the manufacturer. It will be 16 weeks ( 4 months) before the powder ships. They are using your money for 4 months interest free including the money for Hazmat and freight. I wanted to make everybody aware of this. Order from them accordingly.

thanks for the heads up, disappointing pretty much sums it up.

They used to be better (late 90s or so) - reasonable shipping, no minimum order fees, etc. - but I think they've gotten too large for their own good. I rarely order anything from them any more - mostly used PV and MG for components and Brownells, Shooters Connection or Shooters Source for everything else.

I shop Midway all the time. I'm not seeing what the OP is saying. Titegroup and H4895 pages won't let me put the powder in my cart.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009411636/hodgdon-titegroup-smokeless-powder

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009336348/hodgdon-h4895-smokeless-powder

Which powders can you order that aren't stock?

As a dealer I stopped using Midway some time ago. Poor packing was resulting in too many damaged items. Usually when a company charges a card immediately for items it does not have it stock it is a good sign of a cash flow problem.

Another reason I got tired of Midway was how they bragged about how much they donated to the NRA leaving out the fact that the funds donated had been collected by Midway from their customers.

That's ..... Disappointing

I just ordered a CZ SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom which they are building from scratch. Their website clearly says they charge your card when you place the order for the gun to be built. However, when I got on the phone with them to place the order they told me they wouldn't charge my card until the gun was built ...

KUDOs to CZ Custom !!!!!! They will always be the first place I go when I need CZ stuff in the future ...

Count me as another very satisfied customer of CZ shop. I have ordered brass and auto-drive units from them and their service has always been fantastic. I always check first with them whenever I need something.

Midway seemed to go to h$ll about three years ago. Before that I ordered from them regularly and had an industry account entitling me to a discount. I got the discount on anything I purchased. One day I ordered and didn't get the discount. I asked why and got a song & dance about "It always has applied only to certain items, and this isn't one of them."

That was a bald faced lie, because that item was one I ordered frequently and had always received a discount on. Two subsequent orders on regular items I had always received a discount did not get the discount... but got me the same lie.

When a business starts lying to long time preferred customers it's a sign of serious problems. I no longer do business with them. I will not patronize a business that lies to their customers.

GOF, I got the same song and dance from them as well. Midway claimed it was the manufacturers not allowing the dealer pricing but if the same item were ordered say from Brownell's you got the dealer price. I felt the same as you did, I did not want to do business with a company that would lie to me like that.

In addition even if you were not given the dealer price at Midway and you ordered below the minimum they still wanted to charge you the small order fee for dealer accounts while if that item were ordered on a regular account you would not be.

Something has changed dramatically at Midway over the past few years and it isn't a change for the good.

Edited by retarmyaviator

I thought customer service rants weren't allowed on this forum? I guess since it's against Midway it's OK, but if it were against Brownells it would never have made it past the second post.

Just for the record I've always had excellent service from both Midway and Brownells.