Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Production G34

saibot

I've been shooting a M&P Pro in Production for a couple of years and going to try a Gen4 G34. Unfortunately, I know zip about the Glock. So I thought I'd ask you guys how to build the most effective Production legal G34. I love my M&P's Apex trigger so I would like to get something comparable to it for the Glock. I don't want to change the slide, but assumed I'd put a set of Dawson adjustable fiber optic sights on it, but open to suggestions. I also want to be sure it's reliable, so with that in mind, what all do I need to order to build this thing?

Thanks all!

I like Sevigneys Comp sights and heard the TTIs are good. I saw a guy shooting production with a Bomar buried in the slide (didn't know it was legal to do that) so the new Sevigney adjustable BoMar style would be nice. Get a .115 or .100 sight for front and get Zevs ultimate production trigger kit

I have a G34 gen 4 that I use in production. I have a Vanek classic Grand Master trigger kit in it that comes with a Jager lightened extended striker. I replaced the stock dual recoil spring with a Jager rod and 13# ismi spring. I also have Dawson adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight. I really like this setup

I have a G34 gen 4 that I use in production. I have a Vanek classic Grand Master trigger kit in it that comes with a Jager lightened extended striker. I replaced the stock dual recoil spring with a Jager rod and 13# ismi spring. I also have Dawson adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight. I really like this setup

Other than the 13# spring I have been running that set up in a Gen 4 G17 for over 48,000 flawless rounds.

Right on. After spending pretty much the entire day researching this I wound up ordering this exact setup. Also ordering a Blade-Tech Black Ice holster and CR Speed mag pouches.

Anything else I should be doing to it?

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I can't wait to get all of the stuff and build this thing up.

Right on. After spending pretty much the entire day researching this I wound up ordering this exact setup. Also ordering a Blade-Tech Black Ice holster and CR Speed mag pouches.

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I can't wait to get all of the stuff and build this thing up.

Maybe a Jentra grip plug (midway down the page http://www.cpwsa.com/Glock%20Parts.htm). That's very much personal preference. I kept hanging the rim on the ledge on my reloads, and that fixed it. I run a Ready Tactical holster, but you'll be happy with the Black Ice. The CR Speed mag pouches have served me well so far. I'm going to be buying the Vanek Classic Grand Master kit with the Jager striker here shortly.

It's a little pricey, but I got Glockworx/Zev to do a production legal stippling job. I like it a lot, but again, personal preference.

my new G34 sports the uspsa/ipsc production legal ''standard fullcrum drop in''' kit (comp settings) ) , + the zev spring kit,still fully legal . i added a set of lpa spr adjustable three dot system . then it's all a matter of loads and recoil spring rate, it's pretty much the best glock trim for production.

Edited by sigsauerfan

Maybe a Jentra grip plug (midway down the page http://www.cpwsa.com/Glock%20Parts.htm). That's very much personal preference. I kept hanging the rim on the ledge on my reloads, and that fixed it. I run a Ready Tactical holster, but you'll be happy with the Black Ice. The CR Speed mag pouches have served me well so far. I'm going to be buying the Vanek Classic Grand Master kit with the Jager striker here shortly.

It's a little pricey, but I got Glockworx/Zev to do a production legal stippling job. I like it a lot, but again, personal preference.

I'd love to see the stippling job. Any pics? And what is considered a production legal stippling job?

Wow, the exact same story here. Been shooting the M&P for years, with the APEX trigger and loved it. Switched to a Glock Gen4 34 this year, and also love it. There are some small issues, but nothing to bad. The dual recoil spring forced me to use 124gr bullets, because the 147gr wouldn't eject reliably enough. I have purchased the Jager guide rod and a set of Wolff recoil springs to start reloading 147gr, just haven't made through the stash of 124's.

I started out with the Glockworx trigger spring setup, but found it was unsafe. The trigger safety wouldn't reset everytime. I have replaced all the springs with Wolff springs. I do run a glockworx lightened striker.

I also have dawson fiber optic front sight and a adjustable rear.

I also installed a plug in the grip.

Wow, the exact same story here. Been shooting the M&P for years, with the APEX trigger and loved it. Switched to a Glock Gen4 34 this year, and also love it. There are some small issues, but nothing to bad. The dual recoil spring forced me to use 124gr bullets, because the 147gr wouldn't eject reliably enough. I have purchased the Jager guide rod and a set of Wolff recoil springs to start reloading 147gr, just haven't made through the stash of 124's.

I started out with the Glockworx trigger spring setup, but found it was unsafe. The trigger safety wouldn't reset everytime. I have replaced all the springs with Wolff springs. I do run a glockworx lightened striker.

I also have dawson fiber optic front sight and a adjustable rear.

I also installed a plug in the grip.

Hahah! Sounds like a winning combination then.

I haven't even shot the 34 yet, but dry fired it a bit and really like the grip. I ordered the Vanek classic Grand Master trigger kit, a Jager guide rod and 13lb ISMI spring, the Dawson adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight, and some $6 plug for the end of the grip. I'll be switching to CR Speed pouches and a new AA belt, so kind of went all in today. I hope I like it or I'll have some 'splaining to do to my wife.

:)

Wow, that stippling job looks great! I ordered some of the Dawson grip tape to try out. If you ever tried the grip tape, how does the stippling compare?

Thanks man! I've never tried the grip tape. Before this gun, I've been competing with my Glock 17. That's my carry gun so I'm hesitant to do anything to it besides change the sights. I would think the stippling is a lot more aggressive though. The difference between the stock grip and the stippled grip are night and day.

I have the Talon grip tape on my 34 gen 4. Even with the stock rough textured grip of the gen 4, my hands slipped some. I live in south Alabama and it gets hot in the summer. Since installing the Talon grip I have not had any problem.

Just to circle back on this, I received all of the parts and got them all installed which was a snap. I took it out to test fire and sight it in today and I have to say I'm impressed. I didn't think I'd get a trigger I liked as much as my Apex kit in my M&P and it's darn close. The Vanek kit with the lightened Jager striker (using the 4 pound spring) works great. I put 70 rounds through it without any issues other than running out of elevation adjustment on the rear Dawson sight. All the way down and it still hits a couple of inches high. Might have to break out the file and see if I can get it down a bit more.

The accuracy is noticeably better than the 2012 M&P barrel and once sighted in I could easily nail a plate at 35 yards consistently which was not the case with the M&P. Very promising.

Thanks for all of the help building this pistol up. Looking forward to some real training with it to ensure it's solid and getting it going in my matches.

put 70 rounds through it without any issues other than running out of elevation adjustment on the rear Dawson sight. All the way down and it still hits a couple of inches high. Might have to break out the file and see if I can get it down a bit more.

I had the exact same thing happen to me! This is getting weird.... I was bench rest shooting my Glock and it was way high! Even with the rear sight all the way down. I took the measurements and went back to Dawson and they sent me a new front sight (taller, and for free). I installed it and went out and sighted it in from bench rest.

Then....

I ran through a few IDPA stages.... And guess what, the POI was incredibly LOW! To the point of having to removing the newer taller sight and install the original front sight. I sighted it in again, this time from a standing position - free hand. The rear sight is just barely ~0.020-0.025" off the slide.

Didn't want you to make the same mistake.

Glad to see I'm not crazy I've turned that stupid screw seems like a million times and poi won't change alway about 5 in high at only 15 yards

What size front fiber optic did you buy? I've got a Dawson rear adjustable and front fiber optic height of .300 No issues adjusting the Dawson to exactly where I want.

Glad to see I'm not crazy I've turned that stupid screw seems like a million times and poi won't change alway about 5 in high at only 15 yards

What size front fiber optic did you buy? I've got a Dawson rear adjustable and front fiber optic height of .300 No issues adjusting the Dawson to exactly where I want.

I also have the .300, but I'm not going to change it out yet. I'll set where it settles out after some break in. I'm pretty sure sight gnomes break into my safe at night and change things. I sighted in my M&P at 35 yards yesterday and had my butt handed to me today at a match since I was hitting left of all of the little poppers on one stage. Doggone sight gnomes!

On a side note, I didn't want to change pistols before I had a little more time with the G34, but now it's on! Can't wait to get back to the range with it.