Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw you listed under Open, why did you get bumped?

I ordered what I thought was a Production legal holster. That mean old RM bumped me to OPEN !

Throw ice at Range Master. Get his attention. He sees your holster. Welcome to Open. :surprise:

Great match, thanks to everyone for all the hard work that I am sure it took to put that on. Was my first level II match and I made more than my share of mistakes, but had fun and learned a lot. Can't wait to do it again.

Again, thank you for everyone for coming out.

Here some result highlights. I will post the rest after work today.

Limited Division Winner: Corey Estill

Limited 10 Division Winner: Roy Neal

Production Division Winner: Alex Gutt

Revolver Division Winner: Michael Danjczek

Single Stack Division Winner: Ric Gallaway

Open Division, Match Overall, and the owner of a new Cheely Custom Gunworks Limited Gun: Lesgar "Speedy" Murdock

I look forward to a great match next year!!

I want to thank the staff for all their hard work putting this match together. I had the best time working the match, meeting a lot of awesome shooters and learning as a RO. The stages were well thought out, presented enough of a challenge to test your skills but not to the point it wasn't a fun stage to shoot. This definitely a match I will be back to, again thanks to all the staff for a great match and I'm sure next year the bar will be raised.

This was a really fun match in every way! All of the stages were amazing. The lunch was killer. I enjoyed shooting with the MD and some of the ROs on Friday, and made some new friends. I enjoyed seeing a lot of old friends too. It's not often that I earn six penalties, and leave happy, but this was the exception for sure. If this crew puts on another match, don't miss it! Thanks to all who made it happen.

Did anyone think the activators on bay 4 (the door stage) was to much or to fast? I didn't think it was too hard but as the CRO running that stage, I saw a lot of guys with mike/no-shoots.

They were fast. You had to have the gun up and ready for the clam shell when you opened the door. After that you could time it and take the drop turner and get the swinger through the port in the wall.

If you botched any of it the whole plan was shot and you had to clean up the mess as best you could. People seemed intimidated by all three going off at once but it was definitely doable.

Did anyone think the activators on bay 4 (the door stage) was to much or to fast? I didn't think it was too hard but as the CRO running that stage, I saw a lot of guys with mike/no-shoots.

I thought they were a little fast...

I thought they were perfectly fine. Like everyone is saying you have to know what you can do.

It's not something anyone I know practices, except at matches.

It's like the mover, I had the temptation to lay up and shoot it at rest. I thought, "Where else am I going to get to try this?". You had to do it a first time before you know you could or could not do it.

Those activated targets on bay 4 were the perfect example of how it should be. While it was easy for a lot of us to shoot it clean first appearance, a safer option was available in that you could still see a good portion of the head of the clamshell, the swinger appeared multiple times in two places, one of which was without the threat of a no shoot, and misses on the drop turner were NP. As Corey and Adam indicated above, you have to plan for your current ability, OR go for what you think you can do and accept the trouble. Since there was a safe way and a way for everyone to finish it, and the big dogs got to go fast and nail it, I'd say it was truly the perfect setup. I loved that stage, heck, I loved all of them.

I am a little biased as it was my design. However, after shooting the stage and watching other squads shoot the stage, it was manageable. Additionally, as fomeister pointed out, there were a couple of different ways you could approach the array and it was dependent upon your confidence in your ability. Besides, where else have you had three things moving that you get to shoot at!!??!!!

Then again, I am biased and designed the stage.

Regards,

Mads

You can't miss fast enough

Thanks to the generosity of the shooters in attendance I will be making a donation to the American Cancer Society in the amount of $370 in memory of Mrs Betty Hernandez.

Thank you

I am a little biased as it was my design. However, after shooting the stage and watching other squads shoot the stage, it was manageable. Additionally, as fomeister pointed out, there were a couple of different ways you could approach the array and it was dependent upon your confidence in your ability. Besides, where else have you had three things moving that you get to shoot at!!??!!!

Then again, I am biased and designed the stage.

Regards,

Mads

You can't miss fast enough

It was a good design Mads. Then I made it better...LOL. BTW I think I was 2alpha,2alpha and charley mike back there behind the door. Yes I got the mike on the swinger. Thought I had it and didn't want the extra time to make sure....guess I was wrong. :( The biggest problem I saw guys having with the door was their feet. I couldn't count how many times I saw the shooters feet stop the door from opening all the way. But it was enough to activate the targets.

"The biggest problem I saw guys having with the door was their feet. I couldn't count how many times I saw the shooters feet stop the door from opening all the way. But it was enough to activate the targets."

Or stop the door with their left knee... I got the 'black&blue' to prove it! Ugh.

But I too have to say that this was one heck of a match - stage designers and management ya done real good!

Edited by almostold

The clam shell was done 'strong hand only' and got two hits (Alpha Charlie IIRC) but I tried to get both hands on the gun for the drop turner.... my mistake. Ended up "chopping wood" as I hit the sticks and got 2 NPM. The swinger was directly in the middle of the window and got two hits.

Not too fast but should have strong handed the drop turner like others in my squad.

Great match. Good food. Good weather. Good friends and laughed my butt off all weekend.

Thanks to Mads and the entire crew.

BC