Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am left handed which made it necessary to stand back from the door and get it farther open than the right handed folks. As a result, my plan was to shoot the drop turner then the swinger and engage the clamshell after it stopped. I knew that at that distance I could put the dot at the top edge of the target and shoot 2 alpha's. It worked fine for me and lowered the disaster factor. It was a great stage!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm left handed too. I stood off to the right of the door, actually out of the shooting area, so to avoid hitting myself with the door. I held the gun high, and swung the knob under my left elbow with my right hand. Then I had to get myself back into the shooting area, and swing the gun back to the clamshell. Good plan, poor execution. Fun stage though. I really would have liked to do Kevin's stage over though.

Thanks to the generosity of the shooters in attendance I will be making a donation to the American Cancer Society in the amount of $370 in memory of Mrs Betty Hernandez.

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement and your generosity. It meant a lot to me and helps more than you know during this difficult time. Thank You! Paul

#4 is the stage I started on. Took most of it moving. Through the door I saw what I needed to see and shot the clamshell, swinger on the first drop, drop turner, and then transitioned hard to the open target on the far left.

Too bad I had no dot the entire time ......

Now that all my orders are filled, here is the 'Eye Candy'. 200 of the best images from the 2014 Ohio State Championship.

If you ended up in here - you LOOK gooood....! ; )

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/111514885549517086782/albums/6018227049906471553

Great pictures! Someone was shooting a Hi Point?! Can't say I've ever seen one of those at a match before!

Will our match percentage count as a classification score?

It depends on if there are enough GMs in the division you shot and if Home Office deems it enough to count as a classifier score.

Edited by PKT1106

Found this on USPSA website:

Scores From Major Matches
A shooter’s performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish a classification. In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director must submit an Application for Level II or Level III match with the "Results for Classification" check box marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement, the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters completed the match and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard.

Wonder why last years Ohio match counted for Classification then, since it was only me, Jake DiVitta, and 7 or so Masters in Open. But I've got a 100% from the 13BFB (Buckeye Freedom Blast) on my classification list.

Wonder why last years Ohio match counted for Classification then, since it was only me, Jake DiVitta, and 7 or so Masters in Open. But I've got a 100% from the 13BFB (Buckeye Freedom Blast) on my classification list.

Weren't there three signed up?

As a minimum requirement, the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters completed the match and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard.

Yeah Steve Andersson signed up, then decided to just coach his team through the match, but by the wording of this statement, I would assume a GM must actually compete/complete the match AND perform to an acceptable level worthy of a Nationally ranked GM.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=8234&division=Open&guntype=Pistol

Which brings me to this disaster of a match ....... that also counted for Classification in Open Division: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=8395&division=Open&guntype=Pistol

Even with a fairly clean match (only 1 Mike) Matt Burkett did not shoot at a level worthy of being considered for any kind of National Ranking. I had 3 penalties & 2 Mega-Jam stages and only finished 2% behind him. No offense, but it wasn't his best match, nor mine.

Edited by Chris Keen

Yeah, that crap happens, but I would say you are considered a nationally ranked shooter Chris. You are consistently in the top at the bigger matches and if I'm not mistaken, you hold a 100% classification rating and have made the top 20 for quite some time.

Could it be at USPSA HQ discretion I wonder? Maybe they take things into consideration other than what is in black and white. Maybe the location of the match and proximity of other more noteworthy matches? Who knows!

Don't get me wrong Chris, I'm not trying to downplay your abilities. You are by far the best shooter in this game that I know personally. I just mentioned the national level GM's because I knew I had read or heard that many times before. I'm guessing those rules are supposed to assume several shooters will be shooting the stages as well as is possible if they are nationals winners, several Area winners etc. They could then say with little doubt that local shooter guy shot 80% of the b est possible scores for the match. This rules out a bunch of paper GM's or GM's who have maybe not shot in several years and decide to come out and play for memorial day.

It would actually seem not too common for a level II to meet the requirements as outlined by USPSA if they stick to their own policy as written.

Found this on USPSA website:

Scores From Major Matches

A shooters performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish a classification. In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director must submit an Application for Level II or Level III match with the "Results for Classification" check box marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement, the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters completed the match and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard.

I read that... Production had two GMs in the top 20... I've seen previous years that it counted but not all years. Edited by AJE

Sorry I am a little slow with some more scoring. Here is a picture of Speedy, High Overall and Open Winner!!!!

Some other highlights from the match for you.

High Lady - Monica Taliani

High Junior - Zach Matish

High Senior - Jim Peter

High Super Senior - Bill Masler

High Law Enforcement - Corey Siegrist

High Military - Lee Dimaculangan

Open Division

High Master - Chad Boncquet

High "A" Class - Robert Powell

High "B" Class - James Wurm

High "C" Class - Monica Taliani

High "D" Class - Austin Dunn

Limited Division

High Grand Master and Division Winner - Corey Estill

High Master Class - Mike Dame

High "A" Class - David Schuster

High "B" Class - David Lee

High "C" Class - Adam Powers

High "D" Class - Scot Hardesty

Limited 10 Division

Division Winner - Roy Neal

Production Division

High Grand Master and Division Winner - Alex Gutt

High Master Class - Lee Dimaculangan

High "A" Class - Jim Bronson

High "B" Class - Jason Parks

High "C" Class - Shayne Dillinger

High "D" Class - Lori Click

Revolver Division

Division Winner - Michael Danjczek

Single Stack Division

Division Winner - Ric Gallaway

High "B" Class - Chad Marthey

High "C" Class - Chris Widowski

High "D" Class - Karl Suchy

Again, I want to thank everyone for coming out to the match, I hope you had fun. I will get with you about some plaques I have hanging around to send out.

I have not forgotten about the additional shirt order for anyone out there, they are in process.

Thanks and take care,

Mads

post-38261-0-45813700-1402519881_thumb.j