Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camo Everything

EricW

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, and the next thing you know, there'll be huge camo drapes for homes, and the burglars will be dismayed....

Geezerlock--

No, I don't recall (at the time) that there was any camo wear at EFC when it was open. Mostly 'farm' stuff, not 'hunting' stuff. On the other hand, at Mazama Sporting Goods (gun shop down the street, Eugene), he carries LOTS of camo wear. He's a bit of a hunting nut and specializes in rifles and hunting-related product. (Handguns, too, of course)....

I am a bow hunter and I own camo. I also have some dandy down insulated coveralls in Backland All Terrain camo that I wear when I field hunt foe geese. The proper camo with the ultaviolet removed does have a purpose. Still, I gotta admit, I change clothes real quick when I get home because I find it about half embarrassing to be seen in camo in public.

I once saw a guy at the local gun shop wearing a camo jacket, a duck of death hat (on backwards) and leather biker pants. That was quite the sight.

OBTW,

Geezer-lock- if you want black rubber boots go to an industrial safety store. They usually have them.

dj

There are a couple of "farm stores" in Texas (Tractor Supply and Gebo's) that still carry the one's I like. I was just looking in the wrong place (sporting goods stores) when I saw all that camo.

Thanks,

geezer

I had to wear either OD green jungle fatigues or BDUs for ten years on active duty in the Army. When my girlfriend moved in, I took all my old cammies and socked them away in storage to open up closet space for her. It was like, "Decisions, decisions. Hmmmm, camo, girlfriend, camo, girlfriend. Let me think about this for a pico-second." Aside from one old field jacket I wear occasionally, my closet is currently camouflage-free.

Folks, for Gun aficado's you have left one hugely stupid thing out... CAMMOFLAGE GUNS!!!!!!! anyone here ever lost a rifle that was camo'd they SURE hard to see when you lay them down in the woods....

How about OD green guns.. some look neat, but come on gimme black and SS any day... or go pimpin with polished hard chrome!!!

I live in very rural WV, Camo is taught as a primary color opposite blaze orange... who else has seen cammo/orange clothes... got to be the gayest thing I've ever seen.... i've been tempted start a hunting season for anyone wearing those.

Here is what i love about hunters...

Buy cammies for $200 -/+

Scent blocker to wash them in

Deer urine to put in hat,

Non scented deodorant..

No shaving.

(sometimes unscented oil for the gun)

the more essential items now that have totally runed the purpose of going hunting....

Cigarettes... dear can smell up to 1.5 miles away.

Coffee... there's a natural smell for you

Snuff... a more natural smell left every time you salivated wherever your at when the uge hits.

being a diehard whitetail hunter i am probably guilty of overcamoization myself, even though i'm in camo walking thru the woods i wonder if i don't give myself away by carrying that big stainless S&W 500 revolver. i sold a customer of mine a Colt Anaconda Hunter Package a few years ago, the gun and scope and rings were all camo covered. on his way back to camp after a long day of hunting, he realized his gun fell out of the holster, him and his buddies looked for 2 days for that gun and they never found it. oh yeah one more thing, my shop phone is camo and allows you to select from one of ten game calls instead of the standard ring.

I haven't hunted in so long I'm not sure I could 'track' down the word in the dictionary, but I do wear camo in public all the time. In the winter months that is.

BDU pants may make me look like I'm trying to sneak up on one of the herds of wild water buffalo roaming through central Indiana, but I don't care. They are without exception the best work pants ever made. They are baggy enough to comfortably wear sweats or flannels under, they have pockets on top of pockets, they never really look dirty and they last forever!!! Of course they don't last for ever but last time I checked they are cheaper than most jeans and waaaaaaaaay more comfortable. AND I've got lots of them from the last time I was in the guard!!!

I wear jeans when I'm heading out somewhere, but on the job it's BDU's

I have every kind of camo you can imagine. I bow and duck hunt so it is needed. I will also wear BDU's to work in, durable and comfortable. Deer are for the most part color blind so the color isn't that important just something to break up your outline. I just don't think that pink camo would sell to well in Bass Pro or Cabela's. I have seen it on teen girls though. Doesn't do much for me. Women's camo underthingies are great though. :D TXAG