Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camo Everything

EricW

I learned an important camo lesson in the Army one dark night on an Infantry training patrol. My Fire Support Officer had a camo map case. He set it down to adjust a radio. Again, it was dark and the case was camo in the woods.

Camo works. We never found that map case!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can even buy camo handkerchiefs now in any type of camo. It simply amazing all that camo out there. :wacko:

I just put my camo on yesterday 4 deer season and actually a doe came up walking only 10 yrds away. Too small --- looking for that big 12 pt buck. :lol:

OK, let me clarify. I'm not slamming all things camo. When I used to bowhunt, I went all camo right down to the facepaint, but, riddle me this Batman:

i224097hz02.jpg

Both products are EXACTLY identical. Guess which one costs $10 more than the other? The bottom one. What's the difference? You guessed it! The stupid pattern! Can you say "camo tax?" Can I buy it in basic black? Of course not! Which really torques me because I know that a lot of the cost is going to the camo manufacturer - all to provide a product feature that I don't want and that makes no sense. (If they only made a case to fit a scoped AR....sigh....)

Floating Gun Case at Cabelas - (just in case you actually care)

Living in South louisiana, the only coat I own is in Camo, for dual purposes (hunting, fishing, shooting, church, and football games) during our long winter of Janurary. BTW I got one of Benny's new AR's and it's in camo patern also, don't know why, don't care, it just shoots! Hope that yall don't hate my camo AR with my normal hawaiian shirt in our other season, SUMMER!

You know it's very odd that my religious preference of grip tape and TP were just mentioned right now...since I just got off the phone with a distributor who basically informed me that's about all its good for.

<_<

Maybe I should take a hint. I'm learning to hate the gun industry.

=====================================================

The upshot is, that I just got my "comes in your choice of camo, camo, or camo" gun case in (what prompted me to rant to begin with) and it is abolutely EXCELLENT. Seals up just like a $50 dry bag. The material isn't as good as a $50 dry bag, but hey, I'm calling it twenty smackers well invested. If the guys at Stearns ever got a clue and made the case out of dry bag material, they could sell 'em for $75 a pop all day long.

You know it's very odd that my religious preference of grip tape and TP were just mentioned right now...since I just got off the phone with a distributor who basically informed me that's about all its good for.

Damn Eric.

Maybe you could set up a booth at the SHOT show...bring me in and I'll demo on a Glock airsoft all day (I could use the practice time). Everytime one ones of those brain-dead types spouts off...I could nail him in the teeth with an airsoft pellet. (Would that be wrong???)

I wonder how long it would take me to get where I could literally make them choke on their words. :ph34r: