Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

I didn't find the barrel and comp but did find options on comps and barrels (separately). I also found a cone blank comp that might work on the Canick barrel. The thickness of the Canick barrel has me a bit doubting it though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How difficult would it be to acquire a complete 38 Super Open top end for an Elite Limited? I'm fairly set on purchasing a Limited in 9mm, having the non-compensated 9mm top end, but I'd also like to be able to switch to a comped/ported 38 Super setup sometimes...

You would have to build it or have it built. "Gold team conversion kits" are non existing in the usa.

Keep your eyes on the classifieds here for a canyon creek top. They are great. Last I checked Rich isn't taking any more work.

Hopefully soon "someone "will offer more options very soon.

How difficult would it be to acquire a complete 38 Super Open top end for an Elite Limited? I'm fairly set on purchasing a Limited in 9mm, having the non-compensated 9mm top end, but I'd also like to be able to switch to a comped/ported 38 Super setup sometimes...

You don't need an entire top end, with the Limited you could just have a second barrel with a cone comp and just switch barrels. If you use a 38 barrel in a 9mm slide it will shoot 38SC brass only.

This pistol started as a Limited:

_20150504_231948_zpstdxu3qce.jpg

_20150504_231924_zpsov81304h.jpg

After cuts and ports:

_20151107_092416_zps0uvx3wkv.jpg

Atlas, I'm actually more interested in the slightly shorter slide/barrel from the factory Open Tanfo to set the comp somewhat inward on the frame. I actually rather like that aesthetic. That, and I'd prefer the ease of just having to switch complete top-ends when I want to go back and forth.

Will the 4.5" plastic framed gun, slide fit on a Limited frame

I've got a limited 40 I just got and looking at this thread has me wanting to play with open again.

Thinking of getting a poly 9mm for IDPA and production optics and using that slide with the optic on my limited frame for open

Then I "think" I will only have to get a 9mm threaded bbl and a comp for it.

Fit the bbl & comp to the slide and basically have guns I can shoot in USPSA limited, open and Carry optics (politically correct) with the limited frame

and IDPA in ssp with the poly frame.

The plus might be that the poly framed witness 9mm slide looks to relieved (lightened) so the open / carry optics slide may already have some work done to it.

• 1 month later...

So I was shooting a match this sunday and towards the end of a stage my rear sight adjustment screw came almost all the way out, thus driving the rear sight way high.

Took the gun home and saw that nothing was damaged or stripped. But this made me think about getting some parts for my rear sight. Does LPA sell a "parts kit" for the tanfo adjustable rear?

Spaceflunky - I spoke with Henning last week and he is going to do a limited run of his LPA-style fixed rear sight because he needs one for his own pistol for an upcoming match. If you're interested, email him so he can get you one made.

Edited by cakedog02

• 1 month later...

In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.

- Michelangelo

IMG_20160408_192005_zpsumydqtsd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...